Social False memories developed in adults by experts destroyed lives beyond repair."

unimackpass

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The eighties and early nineties was dominated by whacked pseudoscience involving "experts" recovering suppressed memories of abuse in early childhood.
Even though the victims of these experts were adults that had doubts they began to believe them because they were being guided by collage educated professionals.
Uneducated friends and family tried to reason with them but they were beyond reach and we're living in a delusional world created from whole cloth buy the intelligencia.

The stories are truly tragic.
One woman realized after her mom died that her "repressed memories" were actually created buy "guided imagery" while totally sober but vulnerable because she was trying to understand her own depression.
Knowing her mom died with a broken heart because of her false memories is something she could never repair.

The eighties and early nineties was dominated by whacked pseudoscience involving "experts" recovering suppressed memories of abuse in early childhood.
Even though the victims of these experts were adults that had doubts they began to believe them because they were being guided by collage educated professionals.
Uneducated friends and family tried to reason with them but they were beyond reach and we're living in a delusional world created from whole cloth buy the intelligencia.

One woman realized after her mom died that her "repressed memories" were actually created buy "guided imagery" while totally sober but vulnerable because she was trying to understand her own depression.
Knowing her mom died with a broken heart because of her false memories is something she could never repair.

Didn't you already make this thread?

The biggest problem with mental illness treatment is its mostly guess work. Physical health is still some guess work in areas but have overall better test and feed back methods.

In mental health some new "big discovery " is made and the "experts " decide to jump on board and announce this is the best thing for people that are mentally ill. There is no way to prove them wrong because they say they are the experts and there is no real study that can show if they are right untill it's been years. Then the harm starts to come out and all you get is a woops guess that didn't work like we thought at best.

This happened to me. A "therapist" convinced me I was gay as a kid while I talked to her about my depression. I really believed her, but didn't really have any recollections of it. Anyway, I haven't had any gay experiences since adolescence.

Then it hit me while I was at the gloryholes. I've NEVER been gay. It was all false memories. Damn, son!

Makes you think about how the powers of suggestion are being used on vulnerable people today.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...-of-early-memories-through-guided-imagery.pdf

Makes you think about how the powers of suggestion are being used on vulnerable people today.

It really begs the question. Has there ever been a time in known history with the amount of social influence of our day?
Constant tv programming, 24/7 cable news, movies, cartoons, teachers with social agendas, Facebook, twitter....
I know I missed a lot of the social "influencers" but one starts to get a headache. And what historical norms will get you banned or shunned on such mediums? If someone isn't regurgitating the latest leftist ideology your marked as destructive to the ultimate freedom of the atomized individual.
Even such harmless and neutral children's media such as Disney has gone the rout of social engineering.
Is this the first generation that has ever had to question their gender as a societal norm on a continuum?
I can't think of any.
All of this was basically introduced 5min ago by the same intelligencia that brought us guided imagery.
And if guided imagery can deceive adults what chance do kids have of not getting robbed of their childhood and twisted into some distorted version of their true self.
Has the average person learned anything or once again have they been neutered by the experts?

page2image256

Last edited:
Didn’t this happen to Rosanne Barr

Didn’t this happen to Rosanne Barr

Rdg, check out the longer video, it's tragic.
She truly needed help but went down the guided imagery road and put everyone through hell.

My girlfriend is a psychotherapist. Works through zoom in one of my spare bedrooms. You wouldn't believe the complete nonsense I hear through that door sometimes. I guess for some people it can help, but be very careful making life decisions based on advice from people whose own lives are probably just as fucked up as yours. The word "expert" gets thrown around far too casually.

And what do you make of the ones caused by law enforcement interrogations resulting in false confessions, witness identifications, and accusations, even though law enforcement has been aware of this problem for decades?

This is absolutely wild. I cant wait to dig into it.
When you do, spend a little of your time verifying whether cops or psychiatrists have done more damage because of this phenomenon and then get back to me, would you?

And what do you make of the ones caused by law enforcement interrogations resulting in false confessions, witness identifications, and accusations, even though law enforcement has been aware of this problem for decades?

I'm ecouraged that you recognize social engineering is a very real thing.
Cops using manipulative and coercive methods to bring a false outcome is messed up and illegal, that's what I think about that.

Back