FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.4: Jittery Jethead Edition

Far Harbor - thoughts so far

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever dream of one-shot melee-kill a Yao-Guai at lvl 6 on Survival?

With prep time (drink and get high), my Ninja build lvl 6 is already strong enough to sneak close and Ninja/Blitz/Sneak kill it in one-shot. Don't leave it standing or you're dead!

I just tried a new build to be sure and I did it. I didn't even need a critical shot. My weapon was a basic sledgehammer, found very early, close to where the first Yao-Guai are located.

Don't try this on a Deathclaw, it will not work until lvl 25+...

latest

Well the wait is over PS4 fans, but not as you hoped...

A shame, really.

I'm on PS4 and honestly I don't give a shit about the mods. Not something I was even looking forward to.

I'm more disappointed with the PS4 pro

lol my character has a man bun and black rimmed glasses now. Straight out of the hipster vault

By Mele I meant hand to hand.
Good luck my man! Take advantage of the "Rooted" perk whenever you can. Just like in the video I posted, block melee attacks and your opponent will stagger. Plant your feet, make sure you're not moving and deliver a power punch (bash/grenade button).

It's the easiest way to trigger the finish animation and kill your opponent instantly!

Just built a bad ass compound on the Coastal Cottage. It took a long damn time and that place is a bitch to build on but im pretty proud of it.

Id honestly upload my settlements to youtube but i have no idea how to lol

Just built a bad ass compound on the Coastal Cottage. It took a long damn time and that place is a bitch to build on but im pretty proud of it.

Id honestly upload my settlements to youtube but i have no idea how to lol
Are you playing on a console? Should be pretty easy...lets see that thing!

I loved running the Nuka World gauntlet on Survival by creeping inch by inch

as the announcer dies of boredom and cries for a good 40 minutes straight

which awards my weak-ass 18 lvl with rusty ass trash armor

There's no fucking way you should be able to see a thing with Colter's chestplate on

I loved running the Nuka World gauntlet on Survival by creeping inch by inch

as the announcer dies of boredom and cries for a good 40 minutes straight

which awards my weak-ass 18 lvl with rusty ass trash armor

There's no fucking way you should be able to see a thing with Colter's chestplate on
Damn, on Survival at level 18? You're badass! I bet your character is a END freak because I wouldn't dare go there until the minimum 30 suggested. How do you do it without the radio broadcast coming in (pops out at lvl 30)? You just show up there? I didn't think of that but I don't see why you couldn't do it.

If you have boosted sneak to lvl 3, you will not trigger mines and traps on the Gauntlet. I have no doubt it can be done under 20 if you're careful. But each death will bring you back at your last sleep point and I don't remember where the closest bed is. You definitely know what you're doing!

I'm currently testing a survival melee character made following the build I posted here, the Alcoholic Ninja. So far, everything is going according to plan: I just turned lvl 29, the landmark for over-powered Blitz.

Nothing can survive a one-hit Sneak/Ninja/Blitz. At the same time, I cannot survive more than 1 or 2 shots of laser turrets MK.IV so I must be extra careful. With minimum END and HP, it's the more challenged I felt since my first Fallout 4 playthrough!

Damn, on Survival at level 18? You're badass! I bet your character is a END freak because I wouldn't dare go there until the minimum 30 suggested. How do you do it without the radio broadcast coming in (pops out at lvl 30)? You just show up there? I didn't think of that but I don't see why you couldn't do it.

If you have boosted sneak to lvl 3, you will not trigger mines and traps on the Gauntlet. I have no doubt it can be done under 20 if you're careful. But each death will bring you back at your last sleep point and I don't remember where the closest bed is. You definitely know what you're doing!

Yeah, I was going to hit Nuka World with my first two characters, but it seemed cheap of me, since they were both over 40+ and practically karma Saints

Instead I booted up a new male evil character and tried to prep him on very hard for a survival run at Nuka World...8 hours and 18 levels later, he had enough antibiotics, water and refreshing beverages to keep himself afloat, provided I found food in Nuka World (which there hasn't been much of, so far)...

At first, I thought there was no way of triggering the DLC early, but it turns out a lot of players follow an identical road further south and get stuck which was what I did

Eventually I found the station. DJ Travis mumble-fought the Gunners while Cait tried to shoot a shotgun at enemies from 200 yards because she's high as balls

At this point the drug crafting recipes are burned into the back of my brain, so I also have plenty of Buffjet/Psychojet, which helps...

Gotta say my builds are always confused, but my inventory management is top notch, so I survive

This level 18's running around with only 6 END and one damage resist perk
2 fucking charisma, so bartering is useless
2 perception, so VATS is useless
but 10 intelligence so at the very least, I'll have perk flexibility as I fight. Few Pistol damage perks. Idiot Savant.

If you had to describe the build, probably a "Junkie" build. Drug extending perks are the only things keeping this guy upright around those flying ant swarms and shiite.

Last edited:
All I know is if Fallout 4 kept F3's system where agility affected the speed of mines, this fucking guy would have never made it to Nuka World

Just cleared the High Noon park with my floppy ass junkie. Probably the easiest park yet.

Tried Galactic and Kiddie World first, and got mauled to fucking death
Kept getting wrecked by the Rad-X glitch where its effects are reset by drinking water

Yeah, I was going to hit Nuka World with my first two characters, but it seemed cheap of me, since they were both over 40+ and practically karma Saints

Instead I booted up a new male evil character and tried to prep him on very hard for a survival run at Nuka World...8 hours and 18 levels later, he had enough antibiotics, water and refreshing beverages to keep himself afloat, provided I found food in Nuka World (which there hasn't been much of, so far)...

At first, I thought there was no way of triggering the DLC early, but it turns out a lot of players follow an identical road further south and get stuck which was what I did

Eventually I found the station. DJ Travis mumble-fought the Gunners while Cait tried to shoot a shotgun at enemies from 200 yards because she's high as balls

At this point the drug crafting recipes are burned into the back of my brain, so I also have plenty of Buffjet/Psychojet, which helps...

Gotta say my builds are always confused, but my inventory management is always top notch, so I survive

This level 18's running around with only 6 END and one damage resist perk
2 fucking charisma, so bartering is useless
2 perception, so VATS is useless
but 10 intelligence so at the very least, I'll have perk flexibility as I fight. Few Pistol damage perks. Idiot Savant.

If you had to describe the build, probably a "Junkie" build. Drug extending perks are the only things keeping this guy upright around those flying ant swarms and shiite.
That's awesome! So you leveled your character on Very Hard but switched to Survival before getting to Nuka World? That's a great idea to do it without cheating.

I built a "cheated" character for Nuka World and I just can't get invested because it's cheated. That's why I'm starting over a non-cheat Survival character from scratch. I also want to test some things I missed in my last survival run, like a "one-shot-melee-kill" exploit against a Yao-Guai at lvl 6. I didn't think it possible but I did it.

I don't plan on going to Nuka-World before lvl 35+. I have to go to Far Harbor to fully test my build before and then, I'm going there.

About to attempt a clear at Kiddie Kingdom

...gave Cait a goul-slaying gun, but it'll be useless the second my character sprints ahead anywhere

The western revolver is stats for days with my gunslinger perk

But these gouls gonna fuck my face

That's awesome! So you leveled your character on Very Hard but switched to Survival before getting to Nuka World? That's a great idea to do it without cheating.

I built a "cheated" character for Nuka World and I just can't get invested because it's cheated. That's why I'm starting over a non-cheat Survival character from scratch. I also want to test some things I missed in my last survival run, like a "one-shot-melee-kill" exploit against a Yao-Guai at lvl 6. I didn't think it possible but I did it.

I don't plan on going to Nuka-World before lvl 35+. I have to go to Far Harbor to fully test my build before and then, I'm going there.

Haven't even laid eyes on Harbor

The hell kind of setup do you even bring to that DLC

How do you people even survive melee builds. That grognak LARPin takes some balls. I'd shit my pants running at Assaultrons as they cry Scott Summers tears and lose control of their powers because Assaultrons are secretly shitty x-men

Haven't even laid eyes on Harbor

The hell kind of setup do you even bring to that DLC

How do you people even survive melee builds. That grognak LARPin takes some balls. I'd shit my pants running at Assaultrons as they cry Scott Summers tears and lose control of their powers because Assaultrons are secretly shitty x-men
I focus everything on damage. END remains at 1, so minimum HP. The whole point of the build is not taking damage so stealth is maxed and I never fight outside of VATS if I can avoid it. I use Sneak to get close enough, Blitz to launch my attack and Ninja to multiply the damage by 10X.

For those Cyclops Assaultron, it's the same principle: sneak, get close, blitz, one-hit ninja kill. The most dangerous robots are the legendary types because they explode in my face (especially Sentry Bots). Lucky for me, if the explosion happens while in VATS, I am immune. But those Sentry Bots take a couple of seconds before exploding so I must kill them while on Jet to have time enough to flee the scene! I normally carry a Rocket Launcher just for them but Survival carry weight is a bitch, even at high STR. I often find myself forced to engage them close range and die because of collateral explosion damage...

My build is crazy on Far Harbor but since most of the creatures are melee monsters that don't explode, I one-shot kill them for breakfast. I do not fear them as much as exploding robots. Even Trappers are more scary to me: they hide on high ground and snipe with high level weapons. I cannot survive more than 2-3 sniper shots, even at lvl 35 (that's where I'm at, going to Far Harbor as we speak).

Since I'm always in Sneak mode, they rarely find the time to hit me more than once before I vanish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back