fake news MSNBC unmasked by passerby

IMO they were only doing this because Trump wants to open back up and so that automatically makes them against opening up. If Trump wanted to stay shut down, they'd be doing the same segment criticizing people for wearing masks because masks don't work (of course they do work).

The problem with doing stuff like this is -- if I see you lying about something as stupid as a mask story, how can I believe anything you report about stuff like the Flynn case, the Russia investigation, the impeachment, etc?

The simple answer is I can't believe anything they say and so Trump gets a free pass on everything for me. I don't doubt that Trump is guilty of some of that stuff but I simply don't believe what any of his critics or political opponents say about him because they're all liars too.

Last edited:
More like a Tammany Hall type e of corruption mixed with populism. You're mixing historical times and places up and making massive reaches to fit your example.
I think Sulla minus his violence is a better example if you want to us ex USA historical examples. As Sulla benefitted from and showed the limitations of the Roman Republic. Afterwards was chaos that would end in a civil war.

Yeah, the Tammamy Society was nothing close to Trump and his admin. Those cunts weren't circumventing congress to give Wahhabists arms to use in an illegal war, petitioning nations to announce investigations into opponents and leveraging aid to do so, using a pandemic to profiteer and give out corporate taxcuts in the trillions, shelving environmental, financial and consumer protections, or using their positions as President to enrich themselves on anywhere near the scale Trump does on a daily basis.

Sulla could read the language he spoke, and was capable of physical exertion. Sulla also enacted a coup, not moan about one like a bitch.

It's shows Trump's character that we have to look at dictators and Roman generals to find a comparison.

Covid deaths per 100k in Wisconsin: 9

Influenza/pnumonia deaths per 100k in Wisconsin (2018): 14

The media is criticizing these people for not shutting down every aspect of their life over something that is literally less deadly to them than the flu.

It’s ridiculous but it’s not a media thing, it’s a human thing. I know people preaching and shaming others for going out or not wearing masks on social media but then posting pictures of themselves doing the same thing but with some excuse why they have a good reason to go out in this case. We tend to see our own actions in context and decontextualize the actions of others.

It’s ridiculous but it’s not a media thing, it’s a human thing. I know people preaching and shaming others for going out or not wearing masks on social media but then posting pictures of themselves doing the same thing but with some excuse why they have a good reason to go out in this case. We tend to see our own actions in context and decontextualize the actions of others.

But, shouldn't we have higher standards for those whose job is to stand on a soapbox and inform us what we should be doing?

I want to buy that guy a beer. Also I haven't worn a mask yet even one single time through this entire crisis. Come at me bro (you don't gotta stay six feet away).

I can do both. Watch me
iu

Same shit here. These folks get off on shaming people for not following rules they have no intention of following themselves.

It's all for show just like white house staff getting tested once every day? What are they so afraid of if it's just for show LOL? Seems pretty funny that they will have to go to those extremes over a joke like Corona no?

But, shouldn't we have higher standards for those whose job is to stand on a soapbox and inform us what we should be doing?

My comment was more about human nature in general. People like to criticize others but they don’t like to criticize themselves. Sure journalists should have high standards. I think ultimately we all need to hold ourselves to the highest standards tho. If journalists are telling us what to do, it’s up to us to decide whether they are right or wrong and whether we should listen. Anyone can say anything they want to me, I’m the only one who can choose to listen to ignore them tho. I pretty much ignore everyone telling me what to do so I couldn’t care less what this guy says. I’ve never heard of him or seen him before in my life.

It's all for show just like white house staff getting tested once every day? What are they so afraid of if it's just for show LOL? Seems pretty funny that they will have to go to those extremes over a joke like Corona no?

Lol.
1. But the White House! Sure, politicians do a lot of things just for show. I take everything any of them say cum grano salis.
2. I don't think the Wuhan Coronavirus is a joke, and never suggested anything of that nature. I do think much of so-called journalism in this country is a joke, and MSNBC's hypocritical moralizing here is an example of that.
3. Your comment seems defensive. Why? Do you think that MSNBC was right to run a moralistic story on wearing masks while half their crew wasn't wearing masks?

I'll put on a mask when I go into a business, like a hardware store or grocery store but thats about it. I'm not wearing one just walking down the street. Its absurd.

Lol.
1. But the White House! Sure, politicians do a lot of things just for show. I take everything any of them say cum grano salis.
2. I don't think the Wuhan Coronavirus is a joke, and never suggested anything of that nature. I do think much of so-called journalism in this country is a joke, and MSNBC's hypocritical moralizing here is an example of that.
3. Your comment seems defensive. Why? Do you think that MSNBC was right to run a moralistic story on wearing masks while half their crew wasn't wearing masks?

No, just think people who are trying to mock others for wearing a mask are full of shit when the white house staff gets tested daily for the Corona Virus. I like the part where you werent able to argue this with anything meaningful but a lame "But the White House!" comment :D.

Back