Fairtex Pro Style Shin Pads

I use the cheap-os from Karate Depot. They are the cloth type and are great for feeling just a little pain. When sparring though, I use a leather Ringside pair.

I'm thinking of getting the Combat Sports branded shin pads made for grappling. They seem lower profile and look to have a sleeve setup, where u stick your whole leg through. PLus, they are only $19.99!!!

SHIN-2.JPG

UltimaMMA said:
I'm thinking of getting the Combat Sports branded shin pads made for grappling. They seem lower profile and look to have a sleeve setup, where u stick your whole leg through. PLus, they are only $19.99!!!

SHIN-2.JPG

All these "grappling" shin pads look just the same as the regular ones. What is it exactly that adapts them to grappling?

SSF said:
Those are nice, I've used them in the past.

I have these
http://www.scientificstreetfighting.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=20267&product=101
and they are made of leather and the price includes shipping.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF, I'm sorry to undercut you here since you're a frequent poster at our forum, but your pricing on this item is criminal.

Get the same shin guards from the manufacturer themselves for 57% of that price (this includes shipping):
Revgear ProSpar Shin & Instep Guards

*EDIT* These are NOT the same shin protectors. I wrongly linked RevGear's cheaper version. SSF's pricing on the top quality leather protectors is the best available.

don't get the title shin guards. the padding over your instep is way too big. feels like you're wearing karate/kickboxing boots. go with a different brand.

Madmick said:
SSF, I'm sorry to undercut you here since you're a frequent poster at our forum, but your pricing on this item is criminal.

Get the same shin guards from the manufacturer themselves for 57% of that price (this includes shipping):
Revgear ProSpar Shin & Instep Guards

They are $55 for leathershin guards not PU/synthetic leather like the ones on ebay and shipping is only$6.50. The $69.99 price is retail, not my price. So I don't see how you can say the pricing is criminal.

If you look at the RevGear shin guard you are reffering too, it's a totally different model.

RevGear makes the cloth type that Combat Sports is selling and I have them for 12.99 for Sherdog customers. They are not on the site but if you want them I have em.

www.SSFgear.com

Madmick said:
Does anyone know if these are any good? They're from Title Boxing which has a good reputation in this forum:
Title Boxing Pro-Style Shin/Instep Guards

As much as I like Title products, I do not recomend the Title SHIN GUARD. The straps are too short and they cut into your legs. They are generally uncomfortable and not very good quality. I just got a pair of the fairtex original shin guard and they rock!! Much more comfortable.

I have the Windy Pro Shin Guards from Combat Sports. I also have slimmer legs, so they sink a bit when I wear them, but they still protect my shins really well.

i just won a pair on there; however, S&H was only $7 .....$20??? That's weak sauce

SSF said:
They are $55 for leathershin guards not PU/synthetic leather like the ones on ebay and shipping is only$6.50. The $69.99 price is retail, not my price. So I don't see how you can say the pricing is criminal.

If you look at the RevGear shin guard you are reffering too, it's a totally different model.

RevGear makes the cloth type that Combat Sports is selling and I have them for 12.99 for Sherdog customers. They are not on the site but if you want them I have em.

www.SSFgear.com

My mistake, SSF.

Madmick said:
Are you recommending those because they are better than the Twins regular black Heavy Duty model or because they look like those old TransAms?

lmao, these tribal ones from the same company look like the "Kimo specials".

copy_1114268712_FSG9.jpg

im 5'10" and the fairtex ones say the large shin guards r for 5'10", i know it seems like a stupid question but should i get large or medium because large might be too big

RoccCity said:
im 5'10" and the fairtex ones say the large shin guards r for 5'10", i know it seems like a stupid question but should i get large or medium because large might be too big

Ask Fairtex, that is the best place if your looking to size there products. Plus you can tell us how there customer service is.

Back