Failing Driver

FiredomeV8,1952.jpg

would tax

My school still had simulators when we did Driver's Ed. This was 2000 or 2001. Basically you sat in the thing and a film played. And you were supposed to do what the film was showing. But since the film was still playing even if you did the wrong thing you never knew how you were really doing until the teacher would read the scores. It was usually in the 70's. We tried learning stick on the simulator for fun one time and everyone failed.

In PE we did a lot of fun stuff like archery and rock climbing. I used to know how to tie a harness from a single rope. We also played a lot of badminton and one time some kids were absent so our teacher played single against doubles. She was some middle aged overweight woman in sweats but she destroyed everyone.

In PE we did a lot of fun stuff like archery and rock climbing. I used to know how to tie a harness from a single rope. We also played a lot of badminton and one time some kids were absent so our teacher played single against doubles. She was some middle aged overweight woman in sweats but she destroyed everyone.

What is it with gym teachers and badminton? They fucking dominate at it.

There were two gym teachers at my school that swore nobody could ever beat them. They were football coaches, so obviously former athletes, but both were upper 40's at least and overweight - not even close to athletic specimens. We'd line up to play against them - two on one like you did - and they'd always beat us. We were good, coordinated high school athletes, should have been able to whup these old men, but nobody could ever beat either one of them.

Also, I failed my first driving test, as did practically everyone I know from my age group in my community. I'm pretty sure the driving school we did it at was just doing it to milk money out of everyone by forcing them to do it twice. Everyone passed the second time. I did mine the next day.

Passed my test first time, Geico are on our cases to sort our US licenses out and I'm absolutely cacking it tbh. I need to get my arse into gear and have some proper lessons for a bit of confidence methinks.

Passed my test first time, Geico are on our cases to sort our US licenses out and I'm absolutely cacking it tbh. I need to get my arse into gear and have some proper lessons for a bit of confidence methinks.

When's the last time you drove?

We had to do our driving tests in whatever car we could get from our parents or whatever (they didn't supply a car). Mine was a huge ass Chevy Caprice so that's what I drove.

I bumped the flags parallel parking but the dude gave no fucks. I thought it was an automatic fail, but he was like "I didn't even think this space was going to be big enough for this monstrosity you're trying to drive - you're fine."

Back