FACT: Woodley has been as active of a champion as GSP was.

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When Woodley beats Usman next month it will be his 6th fight in the last 2 years and 8 months. Dating back to his first title win vs Lawler in July 2016.

Comparing this to the last dominant WW, GSP. He also had 6 fights within 2 years and 8 months including first win vs Serra that started his long title reign. After those six fights he fought again 4 months later, making 7 fights in 3 years.

Just saying, I don’t ever remember people calling GSP an inactive champion. Yet Tyron gets called out for that all the time. It’s time to put some respect on Woodley’s name. With another title defense vs Usman (especially a finish), he’ll solidify himself as an all time great champion even though I already think he is.

I don't get the hate for him either but I'm also Jon Jones and Ben Askrens number one fan.

Being out for over a year when he was injured is where that comes from

Who claims that except Dana?

Never personally hated him due to fighting activity, what shits me off is he has short noticed a few fighters Maia is a perfect example of this, Woodley had 3 weeks+ of training his takedown defence and forced Maia to either accept this fight or be denied the title fight.

Woodley is also a massive race baiting asshole, especially when a majority of the champs during the time was "People of Colour" and he claimed they weren't getting proper advertising.

When Woodley beats Usman next month it will be his 6th fight in the last 2 years and 8 months. Dating back to his first title win vs Lawler in July 2016.

Comparing this to the last dominant WW, GSP. He also had 6 fights within 2 years and 8 months including first win vs Serra that started his long title reign. After those six fights he fought again 4 months later, making 7 fights in 3 years.

Just saying, I don’t ever remember people calling GSP an inactive champion. Yet Tyron gets called out for that all the time. It’s time to put some respect on Woodley’s name. With another title defense vs Usman (especially a finish), he’ll solidify himself as an all time great champion even though I already think he is.
The problem with Woodley is not his activity . He has been pretty inactive from time to time but every champion has problems. my problem with Woodley is his attitude and his boring fighting style. He was campaigning to fight Nate Diaz a retired lightweight who is no where near elite at UFC 219 but refused to fight Colby in the same date . Then he was refusing to fight RDA while calling for Nate fight again. Yes you can bring up that he may have been injured but why was he calling out for a fight while injured ? Also not to mention all the stupid shit he has said which are unrelated to fighting.
He seem to have changed that "superfight" mentality as of recent times but this is one of the reasons why i dislike Woodley.

i think by "inactive," they meant... literally. have you seen those amazing vs wonderboy barnburners? so much activity.

I like Woodley but he obviously tweaks a lot of people including Dana. He's paranoid that if he loses the belt it'll be years before he gets another shot but it's also true Dana doesn't like Stipe or Aldo and look what happened after they lost titles so he usually fights as low risk as possible. It also doesn't help that he's following in Lawler's footsteps who's exciting & always fights to finish.

i think by "inactive," they meant... literally. have you seen those amazing vs wonderboy barnburners? so much activity.
The first fight vs Wonderboy was very entertaining

The second one Sucked but Thompson is the one who didn’t need land shit. Woodley dropped him like a sack of potatoes in both fights.

Because narrative is more important than fact o. sherdog

GSP is the best fighter in ufc history, prime GSP would UD woodley with ease, I think he’s just a better version of Koscheck.

With that being said, does anybody else just not like Usman? He’s such a boring personality and tries too hard to be cool. Either you have the charisma on camera or you don’t...and he surely doesn’t have it.

No one was ever more inactive during his limited activity than GSP. LOL

2037 days between beating Serra and beating Hendricks. 10 fights is 203.7 days average between each.
770 days between Woodley beating Lawler and beating Till. 5 fights make 154 days average between each. By March 2nd, it will have been 945 days for 6 fights, making it 157.5

The first fight vs Wonderboy was very entertaining

The second one Sucked but Thompson is the one who didn’t need land shit. Woodley dropped him like a sack of potatoes in both fights.

yeah, and instead of finishing him (or seemingly remotely trying to), he... decided to do nothing for ~23 minutes.

Woodley gonna wreck Marty
I wonder how many fights he has left? Not much probably

Colby will be champ and defend 3X a year. Make all those nerd champs look bad.

Personally, my only complaint about Woodley is that he has the skill set and natural ability to maul people, yet he puts on boring fights much of the time.

Back