Fabrício Werdum appreciation thread

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I´d like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to one of the biggest winners (if not THE biggest) in the world of martial arts. He won just about every major tournament there is to win, from grappling to bjj and MMA and conquered the world beating on of the goats (Fedor) and then became champion of the greatest MMA org in the world by beating Velasquez.

Here´s a little bit of his resume:
  • Internacional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation:
    • 2004 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Black Belt Gold Medalist
    • 2003 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Black Belt Absolute Bronze Medalist
    • 2003 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Black Belt Gold Medalist
    • 2003 Pan American Championships Black Belt Absolute Silver Medalist
    • 2003 Pan American Championships Black Belt Bronze Medalist
    • 2002 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Brown Belt Bronze Medalist
    • 2002 Pan American Championships Brown Belt Gold Medalist
    • 2001 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Purple Belt Silver Medalist
    • 2001 Pan American Championships Purple Belt Absolute Gold Medalist
    • 2001 Pan American Championships Purple Belt Gold Medalist
    • 2000 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Blue Belt Absolute Gold Medalist
    • 2000 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships Blue Belt Gold Medalist
    • 2000 Pan American Championships Blue Belt Gold Medalist
  • ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship:
    • 2011 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships Silver Medalist
    • 2009 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships Gold Medalist
    • 2007 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships Gold Medalist
    • 2005 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships Bronze Medalist
    • 2003 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships Absolute Bronze Medalist
    • 2003 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships Silver Medalist
  • Mixed Martial Arts:
  • UFC champion

The man was on a tear, KOed Mark fucking Hunt (a grappler KOing Hunt, you think about that), submmited Velasquez, but made a silly mistake against Stipe, payed the price and lost his belt. Besides that, he speaks at least 3 languages and is a very good commentator and a true family guy.

And if you´re one of those guys that all you can say about him is "I don´t like him because he makes that silly face", don´t even bother posting.... the fans, people in general, reporters, interviewers, everybody asks him to do it, what is he gonna do, say "no"? Keep hating, fool.

Werdum, one of the greatest mixed arts in the truest sense of the word.
werdum_submits_fedor.jpeg
werdum cain.jpg

Glad his sloppy muay thai and his stupid face got exposed.

Top 3 all time. Would like to see the JDS rematch, or trilogy with Reem, before he retires.

Came for

25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg
25krk87_th.jpg

He sucks.

Just kidding. I love Werdum. I'm a huge Big Nog fan and I still don't hate Werdum. He's a cool guy and very underrated as a fighter

Started out not liking him. He had terrible striking, his second fight with AO was an embarrassment, he has the typical Brazilian nationalism that blinds him to reality and he beat my favorite fighter Fedor in what I saw at the time as a fluke.

However, he won me over with time. He improved his striking drastically, very humble, he has a good sense of humor, a good family man and he proved his win over Fedor wasn't a fluke. He is vastly underrated historically

He's an amazing fighter, but his troll face has always pissed me off. Was nice to see him lying in an unconscious heap in front of all his countrymen when he fought Stipe

That being said, I wouldnt mind seeing him beat the shit out of Browne again

He's an amazing fighter, but his troll face has always pissed me off. Was nice to see him lying in an unconscious heap in front of all his countrymen when he fought Stipe

It is not just the face. Werdum was disrespectful to Roy for no reason during the fight by pointing away and other body language. He called other fighters cocks and his sons.

Landing a big knee on a fat, slobby, short notice Mark Hunt doesn't mean you have good muay thai. EXPOSED
You do look silly trash talking an A level striker champion to prove your point.

It is not just the face. Werdum was disrespectful to Roy for no reason during the fight by pointing away and other body language. He called other fighters cocks and his sons.
How can you even entertain talking about respect with a Conor avatar? I mean, come ON, man.

How can you even entertain talking about respect with a Conor avatar? I mean, come ON, man.

Shut your trap....Here is your boy disrespecting himself,his team, and the sport:

69bb850fcf81afa2b746e1759de792b3.gif

One of the single greatest acts of cowardice I've witnessed in MMA.

Werdum is basically suffering a bit from the UFC fanboys getting behind the hype that he was the HW GOAT, as ever they've dropped him like a hot potato after a bad loss.

Great fighter but lets be honest his striking was VERY overhyped, anyone with a decent eye could see his boxing defence was questionable.

Last edited:
Back