News Fabio Maldonado - ranked 1st LHW for Significant Striking Accuracy

Would bet top 5 in strikes absorbed too...

Good offensive boxer.

Shit defensive boxer.

Used to throw a lot of punches in the clinch which is probably why his percentage is so high.

When you don't worry at all about defense, you can have a very high striking accuracy %.

Usually not a great strategy though.

He favors body punches, which are easier to land

His boxing is excellent. I thought Gus would have been higher up tbh

Most of those strikes were landed on Fedor.

M8VBDB.gif

I'm a fan of fabio

I would guess it might be something like this. I'm pretty sure he had a bunch of fights where his opponents gassed out from beating the shit out of him. Then fabio would come on strong at the end, with absolutely sick combos.

gian villante is, i believe, one of chris weidmans main training partners. fabio looked like a god against him in round 3, hitting him with whatever he wanted. gian ended up like conor did in the mayweather fight, just getting tagged flush over and over again

round 3 starts about 17:20

i realise noone gives a shit about fabio but i think hes fucking awesome

<Oku04>

theres another fight at least thats kind of similar and the angles fabio was seeing, the combos, it was insane, like mike tyson with male pattern baldness fucking up a wing chun dummy

Good offensive boxer.

Shit defensive boxer.

Used to throw a lot of punches in the clinch which is probably why his percentage is so high.
Is definitely more difficult to land a body shot in mma than boxing, maybe because of the size of the 8 and the lack of corners

Back