Ezekiel Choke?

When you Upa and Roll someone you trap an arm and the same side leg so that they cannot post on them when you roll to the side. If you try to Upa and Roll without the leg trapped, they can stop the roll by posting their foot or knee. However, when you grapevine the legs from the top, you are trapping your own legs for the bottom man.

I am not saying grapevining the legs is a bad idea. It is definitely useful, but you become a bit vulnerable to the Roll.

To do the bride and roll mount escape you would trap there leg with your heel close to your butt as seen here

020105_bridge.jpg

When you grapevine someone keep your legs wide.

zh67.jpg

816002296db79e012fnl8.jpg

This will keep you base wide and because there legs are spread out they can't bridge very high.

While I do understand what you are saying, my opinion has not necessarily changed. I could be wrong, though. cheers.

the way i was taught the ezekiel without gi, is instead of putting my forearm on his neck, i put my knuckle in his neck. So just slip ur right arm under his head, grab your left fore arm then bring your hand in on his neck and make a fist, next drive that fist into his neck by extending the arms slightly.

Back