Ezekiel Choke

RadThad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Anyone else feel this choke is a cheap move? I feel like it's a step short of straight up strangling someone like a "rape choke". It seems like when I roll, people tend to go for that choke when they can't get anything else on me. I know, I know I should be able to defend against it and I don't argue that. But even if I never got caught with one I would still feel like this choke shouldn't be allowed. I mean its pretty rough on your throat as well.

Grow a pair?

When textbook applied its a blood choke, and its basically a judo/jiujitsu poster move, it emphasizes the principle of "softness" and using the opponent strength against him.

You wouldn't last a day where i train, seriously.

I don't know man, all chokes are pretty rough on my throat. Maybe that's just me though.

I love that choke! Every time I land a hip bump sweep from guard to mount I go for it.

not cheap at all, and its not a sub a low level guy lands on a high level guy like guillotine or ankle lock.

its been my go to sub for a long time.
now if i had to say something was cheap it would be ummmm i dunno...how can you call anything cheap if your rolling? unless they act like there gunna slap hands and arm drag you lol

Nope, I don't think it's cheap. BTW I think BJJ is all about being sneaky

Are you crazy? Banning that would be like banning the X-choke (aka cross-collar). It's a legit choke, it's also one of the first gi-based moves I ever learned and got decent with.

Not at all and it's actually a rather tough choke to hit if your opponent know what one is. I've hit them rarely, but if I can get an opponent worrying about other things it's one of my favorites.

Are you crazy? Banning that would be like banning the X-choke (aka cross-collar). It's a legit choke, it's also one of the first gi-based moves I ever learned and got decent with.

Considering your screen name it would have been perfect if all you wrote was "protect ya neck."

Considering your screen name it would have been perfect if all you wrote was "protect ya neck."

Given the youthfulness of Sherdoggers the reference (which, might I add made my week) would have gone over his head more likely than not.

On topic: Before I had surgery I was trying to see if it was possible to do this choke from side mount. I had poor to mixed results. When I get back in the swing of things I'm going to see if my coach can help me trouble shoot.

Given the youthfulness of Sherdoggers the reference (which, might I add made my week) would have gone over his head more likely than not.

On topic: Before I had surgery I was trying to see if it was possible to do this choke from side mount. I had poor to mixed results. When I get back in the swing of things I'm going to see if my coach can help me trouble shoot.

I was at a Renzo seminar where he showed an ezekial set up from side control. It may have even been a no gi ezekial.

It's an awesome choke gi or no gi though. And gi I'll switch between armbar, cross collar and ezekial. I love it.

i feel like ts has a lot of newbies trying to crush his neck and he's calling the poor technique an ezekiel

tuck yo chin

One of my favorite chokes. My favorite place to hit it from is the top of half guard. I feel like people don't expect it to come from there as much.

When properly done it is a very effective blood strangle, I've put people to sleep with it before.

What I hate is when guys apply it improperly and just try to crush the trachea with their fist. I hate it when people do chokes that just make me gag instead of actually strangling me. One guy almost made me throw up on him that way.

You shouldn't be smashing the trachea with the fist. The sleeve compresses the jugular on one side and the "blade" of your forearm compresses the jugular on the other side.

Back