Extremely satisfying to watch the booth's narrative crumble in real time during the Cortes-Acosta / Despaigne fight

Connection Lost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how one-sided they were at the start of the fight?
They couldn't have been rooting harder for Despaigne, hyping him up immediately and were unable to even talk about Cortes-Acosta until he started clearly dominating. It was all "Despaigne should do X" and "Despaigne can't let Cortes-Acosta do Y". You could hear them start to get uncomfortable after the takedown in Rd 2. Clearly they were hoping they had another Ngannou on their hands.

yes i was really satisfied to watch a 15 minutes boring shitfest, thanks Acosta saving us from a first round knockout
seriously, of course they were hyping Despaigne up, like they do some fighters, why wouldn't they? as long as it's not retarded stuff like cruz's "conor getting punch on purpose to tire him out"
really we're all losing seeing Despaigne abysmal grappling getting exposed like that

seriously, of course they were hyping Despaigne up, like they do some fighters, why wouldn't they? as long as it's not retarded stuff like cruz's "conor getting punch on purpose to tire him out"
really we're all losing seeing Despaigne abysmal grappling getting exposed like that

You know real MMA fans were in the their circles taking about Waldo's decisions wins, just as much as they were Robelis' KO streak.

I'm a grappling fan, I'm usually rooting for the grappler, but yeah, watching Despaigne get exposed wasn't good for MMA/UFC/HW division. I was bummed out at how bad he was.

Anyone else notice how one-sided they were at the start of the fight?
They couldn't have been rooting harder for Despaigne, hyping him up immediately and were unable to even talk about Cortes-Acosta until he started clearly dominating. It was all "Despaigne should do X" and "Despaigne can't let Cortes-Acosta do Y". You could hear them start to get uncomfortable after the takedown in Rd 2. Clearly they were hoping they had another Ngannou on their hands.
By the end DC was (180 degrees) like: "Yeah, you just can't be at this level and not have a ground game, like any at all. He really needs to learn the fundamentals., etc., ". . . . That was a WHOLE different take then before and at the beginning of the fight!

yes i was really satisfied to watch a 15 minutes boring shitfest, thanks Acosta saving us from a first round knockout
"Why wouldn't they?"
In order to be unbiased. At least you can recognize Dom's retardation so there is still hope for you. "I think it's a mix of everything"

No, we didn't lose by watching the fight and seeing abysmal grappling, if anything it should make you appreciate the grappling masters a bit more.

"Why wouldn't they?"
In order to be unbiased. At least you can recognize Dom's retardation so there is still hope for you. "I think it's a mix of everything"

No, we didn't lose by watching the fight and seeing abysmal grappling, if anything it should make you appreciate the grappling masters a bit more.
Yes, stupid human commentators, having human thoughts and feelings. Just mute it or be quiet about it, christ.

I'm a grappling fan, I'm usually rooting for the grappler, but yeah, watching Despaigne get exposed wasn't good for MMA/UFC/HW division. I was bummed out at how bad he was.

It's a lesson for everyone in the division. Most of them won't accept the lesson and will suffer the same fate. And we'll notice.

Yes, stupid human commentators, having human thoughts and feelings. Just mute it or be quiet about it, christ.

Did you just defend humans having thoughts and feelings while expressing your own thoughts
WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY SAYING NOT TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS OR THOUGHTS? DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?

By the end DC was (180 degrees) like: "Yeah, you just can't be at this level and not have a ground game, like any at all. He really needs to learn the fundamentals., etc., ". . . . That was a WHOLE different take then before and at the beginning of the fight!

DC had the night off bro.

Also, Acosta deserves the credit for neutralizing a very dangerous striker and even standing and trading with Despaigne.

Did you just defend humans having thoughts and feelings while expressing your own thoughts
WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY SAYING NOT TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS OR THOUGHTS? DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?
Commentators having opinions on fights doesn't mean people want to hear your pointless whining.

I highly doubt Acosta has world class wrestling at this point, and he still ragdolled him

hype train got derailed big time

DC?

I agree, but to be fair pretty much everyone except Waldo's family was hoping this guy would be legit/next Ngannou. Or HW MVP. HW sucks so bad they need talent. And Waldo is OK, but he's never winning a title and there are 20 guys interchangeable with him at HW. Credit to him for getting the W though.

Back