Explosive Exercises

AndreTheGiant

White Belt
Reaction score
If I were to be training for say.... football, basketball, baseball or pretty much any other competitive sport I would be told by experts to stress explosive exercises, most notably Power Cleans, Snatchs and Squats.

Where do these exercises fit into a proper MMA training program?

if you got wieghts at the studio do it after class, it's the best time if your already warmed up.

Explosive Lifts are most of your exercises used.

Not only are these explosive exercises, but they also are great core builders which will benefit you in any sport to include MMA. Using these type of lifts eliminates the need off single joint lifts. Always use compound lifts.

AndreTheGiant said:
If I were to be training for say.... football, basketball, baseball or pretty much any other competitive sport I would be told by experts to stress explosive exercises, most notably Power Cleans, Snatchs and Squats.

Well, for a squat to be explosive, you have to perform it dynamically.

The olympic lifts can be utilized in a power conversion phase (in a periodized program) or they can be incorporated into your current regimen.

You have to be more specific. The question you're trying to ask is, "Where do these lifts fit in MY training program?"

In that case, you have to tell us, what's your current training program?

Back