Opinion Explain the Great Reset to me

I've seen a lot of people use the Great Reset hashtag to explain some sort of totalitarian global government that's on the horizon a lot on here and on Twitter.

I've also been told they were openly talking about taking the steps they were going to take.

I've since looked at the open information on the World Economic Forum's site linked below

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/

I can't see anything on there that seems related to what people talk about on here. I've started to watch a couple of vidoes and will watch more but from what I've watched so far the president of Colombia wants to increase availability of technology to poor people and allow poor farmers to broker direct deals and cut out the middleman and make virtual doctors available to people in poor areas who struggle to get access to medicine.

What's negative about that?
Many people in this thread have explained the Great Reset to you as global communism, and you reject this explanation. I think that you see yourself as more expert on the Great Reset than others in this thread, so I would like to ask a question of you the expert.

According to you, the president of Colombia wants to increase availability of technology to poor people and allow poor farmers to broker direct deals and cut out the middleman and make virtual doctors available to people in poor areas who struggle to get access to medicine. All of these goals have been achieved in various places around the world: Obamaphones, farmers' markets, telemedicine. If the president of Columbia wants these things and the people of Columbia want these things too, what is stopping the president of Columbia from working with these people to achieve his goals? Why do I need a Great Reset in my country for the president of Columbia to achieve what has been achieved elsewhere without a Great Reset?

Last edited:
True. There is some shit afoot. But not a communist movement. Just like you said.. scare the masses with communist gobledygook while the oligarchy gains more. Bush and the patriot act. Obama extending it. Trump using fear and victimization every day. And these dumb fucks fall for it all.

Im a republican and by definition i should be for as free a market as possible but something has to be done about the uber rich. The growing disparity is not fair. Do we just wait until 1% owns 99% of the wealth? I know its very un-rebublican of me but im totally for some big taxes on the top 0.1%.
And the left using fear and victimization and also media propaganda to get Biden and his war cabinet back in power. Not that it even matters who's in power in USA. All politicians are corrupted by greed. It will never change because there has been a global movement for at least half a century. The wealthiest people in the world transcend nations, their money corrupts all over. They have more money than us so they have more influence than us and so they make the rules. It's the biggest criticism Gaddafi had of democracy. It will never work for the people at the bottom because the people at the top are human and will always be corrupted.

Many people in this thread have explained the Great Reset to you as global communism, and you reject this explanation. I think that you see yourself as more expert on the Great Rest than others in this thread, so I would like to ask a question of you the expert.

According to you, the president of Colombia wants to increase availability of technology to poor people and allow poor farmers to broker direct deals and cut out the middleman and make virtual doctors available to people in poor areas who struggle to get access to medicine. All of these goals have been achieved in various places around the world: Obamaphones, farmers' markets, telemedicine. If the president of Columbia wants these things and the people of Columbia want these things too, what is stopping the president of Columbia from working with these people to achieve his goals? Why do I need a Great Reset in my country for the president of Columbia to achieve what has been achieved elsewhere without a Great Reset?
That's how they trick people into supporting the movement to gain more power over people. It's a completely unasked for and unnecessary movement. The sole purpose to increase authoritarian control.

And this CT fear mongering stuff is what will continue to make the uber rich richer. Theyll use this crap to endlessly scare dumb people to keep voring for these same assholes and keep the wealth disparity growing.
<PlusJuan>

...The truth is, people, society, and governments all evolve over time, the Great Reset is simply a phrase that is being used to indicate the direction that things seem to be headed. ( more control, less freedom)
Just look around and judge for yourselves , how has the world changed over the last decade, and has that change accelerated?
The rulers who control the media clearly have an agenda, that agenda is The Great Reset..
you look weird without yellows. it's like when you've never seen someone without a mustache for years and suddenly they shave it off completely. off-putting.

It all sounds very nice and innocuous but at the end of the day it's a handful of leftist elites taking control of all resources and deciding who gets what. This kind of grand central planning and control has been tried before on smaller scales and always ends up badly. In the end even attempting it requires coercion and trampling individual liberties for some fantasy about the greater good.

There's far more information on the link I posted than that, that's just a brief introductory video for a presentation.

EDIT - These are the stated goals

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies, and new rules governing intellectual property, trade, and competition.

The second component of a Great Reset agenda would ensure that investments advance shared goals, such as equality and sustainability. Here, the large-scale spending programs that many governments are implementing represent a major opportunity for progress. The European Commission, for one, has unveiled plans for a €750 billion ($826 billion) recovery fund. The US, China, and Japan also have ambitious economic-stimulus plans.

Rather than using these funds, as well as investments from private entities and pension funds, to fill cracks in the old system, we should use them to create a new one that is more resilient, equitable, and sustainable in the long run. This means, for example, building “green” urban infrastructure and creating incentives for industries to improve their track record on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics.

The third and final priority of a Great Reset agenda is to harness the innovations of the Fourth Industrial Revolution to support the public good, especially by addressing health and social challenges. During the COVID-19 crisis, companies, universities, and others have joined forces to develop diagnostics, therapeutics, and possible vaccines; establish testing centers; create mechanisms for tracing infections; and deliver telemedicine. Imagine what could be possible if similar concerted efforts were made in every sector.

That is some purely evil shit right there. Having Authoritarian Governments ensure equal outcomes will destroy economies, standards of living, innovations, inventions, and the free will of BILLIONS on Earth. Centralized Authoritarian Control is about one of the worst forms of government any person can experience.... and these buttholes want to do it worldwide.

It's like all the bastards that have managed to ruin economies worldwide got together to decide how to take over the world.... oh wait... that is exactly what's happening.

We should strive for equal opportunity, not for equal outcomes.

I'm so sick of hearing about this Great Reset bullshit. Every time someone talks about it they can't name the top 100 people involved in it. So you're saying there's some massive movement called The Great Reset but the website and media as a whole has no one talking about it or supporting it? If you think this bullshit exists then name the top 100 people involved FFS.

I'm so sick of hearing about this Great Reset bullshit. Every time someone talks about it they can't name the top 100 people involved in it. So you're saying there's some massive movement called The Great Reset but the website and media as a whole has no one talking about it or supporting it? If you think this bullshit exists then name the top 100 people involved FFS.
Communists doon't really want to admit they are communists. They hint around at things though.

Wow. This is scary as fuck. Is this true? The Great Reset motto is "You will own nothing and you will be happy." WTF. Fucking Logan's Run anyone?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

"They live different kinds of lives outside of the city"
My biggest concern is all the people who do not live in our city. Those we lost on the way. Those who decided that it became too much, all this technology. Those who felt obsolete and useless when robots and AI took over big parts of our jobs. Those who got upset with the political system and turned against it. They live different kind of lives outside of the city. Some have formed little self-supplying communities. Others just stayed in the empty and abandoned houses in small 19th century villages.

Once in awhile I get annoyed about the fact that I have no real privacy. No where I can go and not be registered. I know that, somewhere, everything I do, think and dream of is recorded. I just hope that nobody will use it against me.

All in all, it is a good life. Much better than the path we were on, where it became so clear that we could not continue with the same model of growth. We had all these terrible things happening: lifestyle diseases, climate change, the refugee crisis, environmental degradation, completely congested cities, water pollution, air pollution, social unrest and unemployment. We lost way too many people before we realised that we could do things differently.

No, but when an organization starts talking about the Great Reset, redo the world economies, and you won't own anything, then "commies" is an accurate description.

The "great reset" fear mongering is just another dumb right wing conspiracy right next to pizzagate, peddled by shitty far right message boards

Why is it always right wingers that fall for these dumb conspiracy theories that never ever end up being true?

Is there some sort of cognitive limitation that results in one deciding to be a conservative? Like a missing neurological pathway?

We're so fucked. No one is going to stand up to this. Welcome to the New World Order. Sheep.

Why is it always right wingers that fall for these dumb conspiracy theories that never ever end up being true?

Is there some sort of cognitive limitation that results in one deciding to be a conservative? Like a missing neurological pathway?
There seems to be something. Qhereas the extreme left seems to attract over emotional loons, the far right harbours the lowest iq people.

Please tell me these are just movies and we're not in the beginning.

technocracy-and-the-great-reset.jpg

Back