Excellent boxing tips for street fighting

gargamel, i know you. You're the guy that makes shitty threads in the OT.

What are you doing here?

PS-good article

LOL. he got tired of getting beat up by the OT and came here to learn how to NEVER BACK DOWN.

I dont get this part. So the hockey collar grab is only good for larger guys to do since smaller guys wont have the power?

If so i was taught that 2 hands will always be more powerful than one. If a guy grabs my collar, right away I punch like mad with my 2 hands, kinda like wandy did against Fujita. I would welcome someone to grab my collar. That would mean I would tea off on them with 2 hands, while they have only one.

Thoughts?

With some big guy holding one of your shoulders at bay? You really think you can load up your hips/shoulders and effectively throw with BOTH hands and hurt him? LOL, well i dont know why im asking you, cause you probablly swing like a girl anyways. :icon_chee

But serious, those would be some wussy punches compared the to straight rights you'd be eating while hes holding you at perfect range.

So what you do, hypothetically, if a stronger opponent with greater reach advantage were to grip your collar and tee off at his range?

You'd have only a split second to react before the right cross comes flying in would you not?

i always been scared to throw a punch in a fight. my hands are pretty messed up already from boxing and i am pretty sure i will break them even more. i prefer to avoid it or the elbow and knees.

With some big guy holding one of your shoulders at bay? You really think you can load up your hips/shoulders and effectively throw with BOTH hands and hurt him? LOL, well i dont know why im asking you, cause you probablly swing like a girl anyways. :icon_chee

But serious, those would be some wussy punches compared the to straight rights you'd be eating while hes holding you at perfect range.

So then how do you get out of that besides kicking him in the nuts?

So then how do you get out of that besides kicking him in the nuts?

My question exactly. Even then, I'd be hesitant to lift my foot for a kick, considering he'd most likely to be trying to off balance and push me with his grasping hand. Any takers?

The best answer I can come up with is maybe a hard strike on his wrist with the blade of my forearm. Surely a forum of amateur/pro fighters can't be stumped by the 'grab your shirt and hit your face' technique.

My question exactly. Even then, I'd be hesitant to lift my foot for a kick, considering he'd most likely to be trying to off balance and push me with his grasping hand. Any takers?

The best answer I can come up with is maybe a hard strike on his wrist with the blade of my forearm. Surely a forum of amateur/pro fighters can't be stumped by the 'grab your shirt and hit your face' technique.

Yes, but I would think maybe a judo throw would work. Ippon seionagi on the left side since his arm is sticking out. Or osoto garo on that left side. Like gray kid asked...any takers?

mayb a wrist lock since his got u from the collar, or mayb a 2 to 1 like in wrestling?

single collar tie gives you gives you more ways to move , and keep safe , a muay thai clinch is powefull against somebody who doesnt know how to defend it , or is much weaker , or is very tired / devastated from punches before .

In a single collar tie you can move more , keep safe , keep control ( less control though ) and yet get a nice angle for punches , its very usefull imo . If you like Clinch striking , and are against someone you dont wanna break his ribs with a knee , or someone who is better , you dont want to go into the thai clinch , unless its a very good moment for it .

Interesting, I don't agree with the shoe shiner or the uppercut to taller people though

pretty solid advice. i wouldn't give them to someone who knows jack shit about boxing, though.

Back