Excellent boxing tips for street fighting

why would you want to fight on the streets. Get a good pair of sneakers.

Boxing kills on the street. One punch and its lights out.

Tough guys ALWAYS have their chin up in a confrontation, and boxers have got the hands to just pop and drop him with a sucker punch. Its almost unfair. Actually..it IS unfair..HAHA.. i guess the moral is dont fuck with boxers in a fight outside the ring. Or if you do, at least dont go in with your chest out and chin up like a retard. Who wins fights like that anyways?

I just clicked on the link. The guy who wrote that article and a couple other forum posters are the guys that taught me how to box when i didnt even know how to box yet. I read and absorbed every little thing they had to say about everything. Put me way ahead of the game when i did join the gym. Maybe not in terms of technique but knowledge. They explained everything effectively in simple ****phors. They also stressed how important the 'jab' was in boxing, how it was everything and more, and i really took it to heart.

He also gives an honorable mention to hockey boxing in the street. But said its only for the heavy of hands. You grab em by the collar, keep them in your range at the end of your power and swing away.

Those guyz rool.

I couldn't finish reading it, oh well, I guess I'll go work out at a boxing gym.

NEVER uppercut a person whose head is above yours. It's a waste of time. The rule is: his eye level is equal to yours, or below.

Um...okay, I guess no one bothered to teach Mike Tyson that rule :rolleyes:

He also gives an honorable mention to hockey boxing in the street. But said its only for the heavy of hands. You grab em by the collar, keep them in your range at the end of your power and swing away.

Those guyz rool.

I dont get this part. So the hockey collar grab is only good for larger guys to do since smaller guys wont have the power?

If so i was taught that 2 hands will always be more powerful than one. If a guy grabs my collar, right away I punch like mad with my 2 hands, kinda like wandy did against Fujita. I would welcome someone to grab my collar. That would mean I would tea off on them with 2 hands, while they have only one.

Thoughts?

NEVER uppercut a person whose head is above yours. It's a waste of time. The rule is: his eye level is equal to yours, or below.

Are you mike Tyson? I dont think so. You cant get away with what he does. Learn proper boxing first before you get all wise.

i'm going to check out that article later. thanks Gargamel

Mike Tyson posess more power, speed, accuracy, timing and skill than anybody in this forum, or fighting on the street.

So he can get away with it.

Are you mike Tyson? I dont think so. You cant get away with what he does. Learn proper boxing first before you get all wise.

But thats the point of an uppercut, isn't it? Its an inside punch that is best used against taller fighters?

Good read. I liked the advice on not trying to hit with knockout power, but with controlled speed.

I totally agree. SOme will try to put everything in one or two power shots. If you miss? You're fucked. If you land and dont drop your guy? Youre fucked.

Hit a guy a few dozen times with good speed? He'll likely not want to play anymore.

I dont get this part. So the hockey collar grab is only good for larger guys to do since smaller guys wont have the power?

If so i was taught that 2 hands will always be more powerful than one. If a guy grabs my collar, right away I punch like mad with my 2 hands, kinda like wandy did against Fujita. I would welcome someone to grab my collar. That would mean I would tea off on them with 2 hands, while they have only one.

Thoughts?

You've never boxed in your life, have you?

Good luck swining wildly champ, while the other guy puts ya on your ass with a sharp right on your fat chin blistered with fear and sweat, standing out and up in 45 degree angle.

Fuckin 'a. ..

Thoughts?

If the guy who grabs your collar is strong and knows what he's doing you probably won't be able to turn into your punches at all. Of course he could be a complete pussy and the hold easily pummeled out of

If the guy who grabs your collar is strong and knows what he's doing you probably won't be able to turn into your punches at all. Of course he could be a complete pussy and the hold easily pummeled out of

or wrist lock his ass! finger jab him in the eye.. bite...! it';s a street fight right...?

You've never boxed in your life, have you?

Good luck swining wildly champ, while the other guy puts ya on your ass with a sharp right on your fat chin blistered with fear and sweat, standing out and up in 45 degree angle.

Fuckin 'a. ..

Re-read what I wrote properly.

those are some good tips.

fighting on the street is almost always stupid though, there's no rules, no one is playing fair, it's just people that really want to hurt you.

although i have to admit, last year when some random joe picked a fight with our natl. champ collegiate wrestler up at ISU it was pretty hilarious to watch.

gargamel, i know you. You're the guy that makes shitty threads in the OT.

What are you doing here?

PS-good article

Back