Examples of guys who get hit and seem to fight better because of it?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Again I’ve been on a fight marathon since the summer and I’ve also noticed that some guys seem to fight better when they get hit hard. Like it kinda wakes them up and turns something inside them on like a switch. Manny Pacquiao knocked down JMM 3 times in the first round of their first fight and from rounds 2-12 he got his ears boxed off and it was wild to see. It was like getting knocked down flipped a switch and woke him up to let him know he was in a fight.

Guys like Eddie and Justin immediately come to mind too. Those two get tagged and immediately get to work throwing everything and the kitchen sink. Any other examples?

Fedor v Hunt is the best example in mma.

But it was a foul that made Fedor angry not just a hit, so not exactly the same thing as TS was asking.

But a look came over his face, and it took Fedor seconds to end the fight after that. It was pretty cool.

Chris Leben is the first guy that comes to mind. In his words, if he got hit in the chin he goes autopilot.

leben.gif

Forrest Griffin apart from the Anderson fight obviously.

Nate Diaz.

Forrest Griffin, said he needed to get tagged a few times and take some damage to wake up his instinct that he was actually in a fight in lieu of just sparring...

Chris Leben is the first guy that comes to mind. In his words, if he got hit in the chin he goes autopilot.

leben.gif
That shit is anger personified. I’ve never seen someone just end someone’s shit so violently holy fuck.

That shit is anger personified. I’ve never seen someone just end someone’s shit so violently holy fuck.

Leben was actually all class and respectful to Wand the whole time. But then again when he gets cracked on the chin, he goes on autopilot and said he doesn't remember doing what he just did.

Leban and Scott Smith are the two best examples i can think of.

Leban and Scott Smith are the two best examples i can think of.
Scott Smith was a fun fighter. I wonder what happened to him :( I know he was a heavy drinker

Masvidal. Dude was floored in the opening seconds of Cruikshank and Till fights and came back to win. He was also very close to being finished by Chiesa and came back to beat him as well.

Probably multiple other fights of his I’m forgetting as well

Back