Examples of artists being "on fire"

Michael Jackson when he did that Pepsi commercial.

Practicing an art doesn't make you an artist. I am not an artist simply because I am writing a book.

I think you are. You may not be a GOOD one, but by actually performing the craft you are an artist.

There are good artists and shitty ones, just like there are good managers and shitty ones. At least that's the way I see it.

I think you are. You may not be a GOOD one, but by actually performing the craft you are an artist.

There are good artists and shitty ones, just like there are good managers and shitty ones. At least that's the way I see it.

Not the same. Manager is a profession. Artist is a vocation. Manager belongs in the market. Artist belongs in the metaphysical realm.

Not the same. Manager is a profession. Artist is a vocation. Manager belongs in the market. Artist belongs in the metaphysical realm.
Art is subjective, but everything can be "art". Andy Warhol drawing cans of soup and soda was "art".

Art is subjective, but everything can be "art". Andy Warhol drawing cans of soup and soda was "art".

No, art is not subjective. But I am too tired to expand on it right now so I'll leave it at that and maybe come back some other time to finish the elaboration.

I wish someone would have literally set the Beatles on fire so I wouldn't have to hear about their overrated shit all the time.

No, art is not subjective. But I am too tired to expand on it right now so I'll leave it at that and maybe come back some other time to finish the elaboration.
Everyone has their own opinion on what is art or not, what is good art and bad art, etc. To someone, a blank canvas is beautiful because of what it "represents", yet to another person it's just a blank canvas, and not art at all. To me, that's subjective. There is no objective truth when it comes to art, everyone is different.

I wish someone would have literally set the Beatles on fire so I wouldn't have to hear about their overrated shit all the time.

^ This is what I mean.

Do check out some of the other 80s work. It is amazing.

yeah i'll definitely be doing that

i've liked just about everything i've read to this point

What the fuck?

lol just playing wit' some friends

Are there any entertainers who don't practice some form of art?

HE'S HEATING UP!

HE'S ON FIRE!!!

giphy_zpsityxrvle.gif

@AmbivalenceKing, i understand the distinction you're making, and certainly there's a spectrum there, but imo even this thread is a collaborative art project

Oh and stop liking everything Helmer!

i can't help myself!

Last edited:
Everyone has their own opinion on what is art or not, what is good art and bad art, etc. To someone, a blank canvas is beautiful because of what it "represents", yet to another person it's just a blank canvas, and not art at all. To me, that's subjective. There is no objective truth when it comes to art, everyone is different.

What you described has nothing to do with art but with what people think art is. Just because something is appealing to you - that doesn't make it art.

"Art" is when any craft is taken beyond the point of practicality.

What you described has nothing to do with art but with what people think art is. Just because something is appealing to you - that doesn't make it art.
And that is your subjective opinion. Everything is open to interpretation. Just because you don't think something is art, doesn't mean somebody else shares the same opinion as you.

Mother Love Bone released the greatest rock album ever created in 1990 - Heroin robbed us of any more material.

And that is your subjective opinion. Everything is open to interpretation. Just because you don't think something is art, doesn't mean somebody else shares the same opinion as you.

No, you're missing the point. Again. Just because I find something appealing that doesn't mean that it's universally appealing. Art has got nothing to do with appeal, contrary to what pseudo-intellectuals who prole drift metaphysical ideas would have you believe. I suggest you hit Schopenhauer's aesthetics if you really wanna look into it. Then again, it might be best to avoid it altogether. There isn't nor there ever will be a philosophy that's sublime enough to counter the good old "That's just your opinion" broken record chant.

Does Steven Spielberg count.

He's been on fire his entire career.

Raiders, temple, crusade
ET
The Color Purple
Empire of the Sun

That's just the 80s

Queens Live Aid gig. I can only imagine how annoying it was for the band who played next.

Last edited:
Back