Exactly why did Ronda get beat so badly?

Exactly why did Ronda get destroyed?

• Total voters

LOLAinsleyHarriott

Stirring the Pot.
@Green
Reaction score
Let's do this. What the fuck happened?

My vote - psychological damage...from the moment Holly touched Rondas cranium with that big toe she knew she didn't want to do this anymore, the reality of it is she forgot what it felt like to get hurt and that feeling came back about 5 seconds into her comeback fight.

All of the above. Mentally broken by Holm, clearly not taught by Edmond, was always a one-dimensional judoka that only outstruck bummy non-strikers, and up against a solid, trained striker.

2ffad875bc4858a693b5e68b5007b323

She did not listen to Edmond, that was her downfall

Because she never faced anyone good.

She beat Bethe so Dana & Joe

started calling her Mike Tyson...

and you people believed it

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

Just not good enough.
Ronda's 6 title defenses(Carmouche, Tate, McMann, Davis, Zingano, Bethe) and none of those women have the power and striking skills that Amanda has, Zingano the only one who is even on the same stratosphere.

Women's mma has evolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the above

Coming off a devastating loss after having destroyed everyone else you faced, Edmond has absolutely no idea what he's doing, her striking isn't on Nunes' level, Nunes looked like a killer

Combination of not good enough, and poor trainer.

I'm a really big Ronda fan, but I've been seen this whole mentally broken thing and it kind of irks me. She came in in incredible shape, she just got tagged and rocked early by a knockout artist

kvVqoZEzlXXHi.gif

Holly stole Ronda's soul, never gave it back

Nunes just performing janitorial duties
"CLEAN UP on AISLE 3!!!"

If you notice the first left that landed hit her square in the nose an she simply was trying to deal with the pain and got punched another 22 times. Her composure went and she never recovered from that first punch.

Last edited:
Ronda used to just bullrush, get the clinch and win. Holly denied her the clinch and beat her up, and made sure to hit her every time she bullrushed.

Rousey didn't want to bullrush thinking she'd get caught like what she did by Holly, failing to realise that Nunes was the sort of opponent she could have absolutely rushed in on. There was no reason that Rousey couldn't have won that fight, but her shit coach, and being shaken up from her last loss contributed to her losing this one.

A combination of

1. Poor mental state

2. Poor training

3. Amanda being a better fighter

I have a feeling that if this fight happened in 2014 or 15 Ronda would have won simply because of her aura. It matters a lot. Nunes would have walked into the fight scared, messed up her gameplan and done something wrong and lost.

If the Zingano fight happened today she would finish her with ease.

Ronda used to just bullrush, get the clinch and win. Holly denied her the clinch and beat her up, and made sure to hit her every time she bullrushed.

Rousey didn't want to bullrush thinking she'd get caught like what she did by Holly, failing to realise that Nunes was the sort of opponent she could have absolutely rushed in on. There was no reason that Rousey couldn't have won that fight, but her shit coach, and being shaken up from her last loss contributed to her losing this one.
Your first paragraph is true. Your second paragraph is shit. Ronda grabbed onto nunes and was shrugged off once and attempted to clinch a couple other times. The only way she was winning that fight was by learning to shoot. Not everyone will let you grab them.

Back