Exactly what history is being made with Cain/JDS III?

They will fight more than 3 times unless one of them stops fighting real soon. No history here yet, maybe someday though.

Winner of this fight becomes the #2 HW of all time behind Fedor.

Surely for Cain to defend the belt more than anyone he has to win so he is on the path to creating history, as is potentially every fight a fighter has.

But they should wait till he's actually tied for the record before promoting history talks.

Like they never mentioned Jones was closing in on the record until he was tied for it and attempting to break it. Then they never shut up about the fact that he was gunning for the record against Gustafsson

When you're actually about to break the record is when's the time to break out the history talks

I don't really expect this one too anyways.

They fought in 2011, 2012, and as long as nothing happens, they're going to fight in 2013. 3 times in 2 years is a bit much, especially considering neither of them are exactly stars yet

For sure. They're just pimping the product. I wish they would have each had an "easy" fight before this one was made. One of these guys may be screwed.

Its the first time that Cain fought JDS for the 3rd time.

Someday we'll tell our children of this day.

For sure. They're just pimping the product. I wish they would have each had an "easy" fight before this one was made. One of these guys may be screwed.

Like what do you do with the loser of this fight? They'll still be far and away the #2 guy in the division but how do you really justify making them fight against one another down the road should they work their way back up?

I fully expect the UFC to make them fight more than 3 times, but it can't erase the fact that one of the guys will have gone 1-2 against the other. People aren't going to forget that, no matter how much the guy deserves a title shot

"Waaaaah ... The company who's product I consume is marketing and advertising said product!"

The winner will likely go down as the UFC HW GOAT. That's pretty substantial.

fastest trilogy in UFC history

arlovski-sylvia.jpg

I think there's more to do with what comes next for whoever wins.

Both of these guys are miles ahead of the rest of HW, imho, so whoever wins will reign untouchable for a long time.

you should clarify that long time in heavyweight terms means about 12 months or 2 fights lol

I think there's more to do with what comes next for whoever wins.

Both of these guys are miles ahead of the rest of HW, imho, so whoever wins will reign untouchable for a long time.

If both guys are miles ahead of the rest of the division, which I believe they are, than by a long time you mean until their 4th fight, than 5th, ect.

Just another Dana White hypetrain promotion.

He acts as if Cain/JDS is an Ali/Frazier type trilogy. LOL

Back