Exactly what history is being made with Cain/JDS III?

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Cain wins, he joins Brock, Sylvia, Randy and Arlovski as HW champs who made 2 consecutive title defences. That means 1/3 of the HW champs that the UFC has ever had (5/15) would be in the same boat as Cain. No history made there.

JDS wins, he joins Sylvia, Randy, Mir, Cain as a former HW champ who regained his belt. Again, you'd have 1/3 of the HW champions who'd fit that description. No history made.

It's a rubber match plain and simple. Some guy's going to walk away being 2-1 over the other. There's no history being made and I wish the UFC would stop trying to say there is as I cringe every time

"UFC166, nothing to see here".... probably wouldn't sell too many PPVs.

UFC Heavyweight goat imo, but that's obviously subjective.

Honestly, I am not that much interested in MMA anymore. When Pride was around I got all hyped up and thought some of the fights were significant or that history was being made. But with the UFC it is just a generic event after event that does not get me hyped whatsoever. If Cain wins, nice for him, if JDS wins nice for him too.

Who will play second fiddle to Fedor, I suppose.

To be fair, the slogan they used is "History will be written by the victor."

Which is true. I don't see anyone beating JDS/Cain, so whoever wins this likely will write history. The winner of this fight is the present and the future of the UFC's HW division, barring some kind of freak injury.

I think there's more to do with what comes next for whoever wins.

Both of these guys are miles ahead of the rest of HW, imho, so whoever wins will reign untouchable for a long time.

"UFC166, nothing to see here".... probably wouldn't sell too many PPVs.

I don't really expect this one too anyways.

They fought in 2011, 2012, and as long as nothing happens, they're going to fight in 2013. 3 times in 2 years is a bit much, especially considering neither of them are exactly stars yet

Well it's the first time Cain gas fought somebody for a 3rd time. History.

I thinks there's more to do with what comes next for whoever wins.

Both of these guys are miles ahead of the rest of HW, imho, so whoever wins will reign untouchable for a long time.

Pretty much. Two of the best UFC HW (if not the best) one will come out on top and separate himself as the best of this era and go on en route to the best period.

I've never been this unexcited for a HW title fight. I dunno why, but I don't care about this fight at all.

To be fair, the slogan they used is "History will be written by the victor."

Which is true. I don't see anyone beating JDS/Cain, so whoever wins this likely will write history. The winner of this fight is the present and the future of the UFC's HW division, barring some kind of freak injury.

Sorry, I just got finished watching the weigh in and Rogan kept saying "History will be made" and i just kept face palming.

The history will be made by the victor, like the poster says, is more understandable as it's hard to imagine any of the contenders giving them a real run

I don't really expect this one too anyways.

They fought in 2011, 2012, and as long as nothing happens, they're going to fight in 2013. 3 times in 2 years is a bit much, especially considering neither of them are exactly stars yet

They're the 3rd biggest draws in the UFC right now. They most certainly are stars.

I've never been this unexcited for a HW title fight. I dunno why, but I don't care about this fight at all.

You're not alone.

I mean, I want to see the fight as it's a fight between the #1 and #2 guys, but I don't care about the fight. Whoever wins, wins.

You're not alone.

I mean, I want to see the fight as it's a fight between the #1 and #2 guys, but I don't care about the fight. Whoever wins, wins.

Yeah, it's gonna be a good fight and it's the two best guys in the business, but I look more forward to CB vs Boetsch. I think I'll be going to sleep after Gil vs Diego.

Surely for Cain to defend the belt more than anyone he has to win so he is on the path to creating history, as is potentially every fight a fighter has.

Back