Exactly 2 Years Ago was Dominick Cruz Last Fight!

This. There's no reason to criticize Cruz for this mess. It's the UFC who is at fault imo.

Yeah... as much as I dislike Cruz, he can't be faulted for not giving away something for which he's worked most his life. That's absurd.

Cruz would be justified in getting a shot as he was on a good championship run before the injury but it would not suit him well to get Barao right off the bat after a two year layoff, preferably I would rather see the winner of Faber/McDonald get an immediate shot and Cruz to fight the loser , if its Faber you get a grudge match if McDonald , you have the experienced Cruz vs the highly touted young up an comer.

Agree again. Cruz and earned that choice to take it right away or wait. I think he would get beat badly if he came off a two year double injury layoff and fight Barao.

He whooped Demetrious too, seriously though, a injury that takes 2 years to heal??? Holy shit

He injured his knee. The first surgery to repair it did not take so they had to wait a bit and do it again

Cruz would be justified in getting a shot as he was on a good championship run before the injury but it would not suit him well to get Barao right off the bat after a two year layoff, preferably I would rather see the winner of Faber/McDonald get an immediate shot and Cruz to fight the loser , if its Faber you get a grudge match if McDonald , you have the experienced Cruz vs the highly touted young up an comer.

I like those matchups. Let's do it, if Cruz ever comes back.

Agree again. Cruz and earned that choice to take it right away or wait. I think he would get beat badly if he came off a two year double injury layoff and fight Barao.

Yeah , a lot of his game relies on his movement and footwork , and Barao is excellent and closing distance , bodes really bad for Cruz if he is a shell of himself and faces that monster right away.

I think this the most probable outcome here, it's sad that we didn't get to see them fight when cruz was 100%

Cruz at 100% vs Barao is FOTY material.

Maybe he proves me wrong but I think Barao finishes him in the first IF they ever fight.
Barao's leg kicks will make this a short fight.

I honestly think that would be better for Cruz if he was stripped so he could get a tune-up fight before facing Barao.
His choice though...

I was still with my ex gf then. Funny

I think it's in Cruz's best interests to be stripped of the title. There's no way he'll be the same after a 2 year layoff. He'd lose badly to Barao after being inactive for so long. Better to give him a mid-tier BW and if he wins he gets Barao. Simple as that.

He whooped Demetrious too, seriously though, a injury that takes 2 years to heal??? Holy shit

Seriously?
He tore his ACL twice. The second time was when he was training for his comebaack fight from the first tear.

Who cares? It's not like there is any tangible difference in the way the division is running. So the current champ has a interim qualifier attached to him.....so what? It's not like its changing whats happening in the fights.

I just don't see how it's 'holding up the division'. Renan has his belt. Dom has his. When he's back they'll unify. Whats the big deal?

Nothing personal against Cruz, but I don't understand how he could still possibly be considered the champion.

Give him the Frank Mir treatment. Ring rust is real.

Yes perfect logic here give up a belt you've worked so hard to get and never lost a fight while holding the belt........................................................

Back