Ex-Champ Juanma Lopez arrested for Domestic Violence

You’re right on all counts. And yes it was by design, but not done with malicious intent. I don’t want to hijack the thread or go off on a rant but shit, here goes:

Most of the problems that plague PR can be found in the Rust belt and Appalachia. Same symptoms, same root causes.

Basically a people who’re inherently self sustaining “salt of the earth” types (fishing, hunting, farming, livestock) have their land bought out from underneath them and then industrialized. Turning them from independent to dependent. And the manufacturing work on the island never made up for what was lost. Which is why even today the biggest employer in PR, just like in places like West Virginia, is the Military and the Gov. Historically there's been very little in the way of investment in the people and opportunity for them.

Same thing for the PR expats in America. Brought here en masse with the promise of good union jobs in manufacturing, accrual of wealth, home ownership etc. “The American dream.”

And then come the 70s manufacturing work on the east coast was mostly shipped out. By the 80s labor unions were busted amd started drying up. And the tax base in big cities like New York shrank because of white flight and what not. So when the jobs left the resources weren’t there to help PRs, much less other poor people. Which bred more dependency (welfare/food stamps etc).

And so yeah — when things get bad and people are disillusioned and depressed — be it on the island, New York, West Virginia, Ohio, many will turn to crime and drugs. Sadly.
Both malicious and non malicious intent, what about the sterilization of almost 30 thousand young PR women? Or how Cornelius Rhodes admittedly injected cancer cells into Puerto Ricans? Anyway, where I'm getting at is ethnic cleansing at its finest, domestic violence in the island is a problem as much as in the US only difference is a young man will get a slap on the wrist for carrying a gun whereas making verbal threats to a spouse will carry a sentence of 5 years, again, another subject but im firm with systemic sterilization of the PR people by all means

Both malicious and non malicious intent, what about the sterilization of almost 30 thousand young PR women? Or how Cornelius Rhodes admittedly injected cancer cells into Puerto Ricans? Anyway, where I'm getting at is ethnic cleansing at its finest, domestic violence in the island is a problem as much as in the US only difference is a young man will get a slap on the wrist for carrying a gun whereas making verbal threats to a spouse will carry a sentence of 5 years, again, another subject but im firm with systemic sterilization of the PR people by all means

Im all out of likes but yeah. I agree. I wasn’t going there lol but yes, there was some bad shit done to the people there. Didn’t even mention Vieques or the 4 centuries of underinvestment and neglect of the island by Spain. Not very familiar with the gun laws on the island as I make it a point to not be packing when I’m there or in general (last went in early 2020).

Guy has bad CTE by now. Dunno about his history of domestic violence throughout his life, but CTE will do nothing but exacerbate it. Poor gal.

Ahhh I remember the days when Gamboa and Juanma were pretty darn famous and on a collision course to a mega fight with each other. Sad it never happened and even sadder they both been having trouble outside the ring. Hope the girl will be alright. This isn’t cool at all. I’m guessing it’s safe to same heavy drugs and/or alcohol is a factor here

Back