Ex-Champ Juanma Lopez arrested for Domestic Violence

There is a video where he tells that he is going to kill her and grabs her by the hair…. It is a violent pattern with her… multiple photos of multiple assaults…. Juanma is a piece of crap… and the dark days in the Puertorrican Boxing continues

Ah that's ok then, fair fight. Shot pro fighter versus untrained smaller female.

I think he was comparing him to a normal man.
Or maybe one of those crossfit female athletes could beat him up... Those chicks are pretty strong.

There is a video where he tells that he is going to kill her and grabs her by the hair…. It is a violent pattern with her… multiple photos of multiple assaults…. Juanma is a piece of crap… and the dark days in the Puertorrican Boxing continues

You freaking said it. It’s one thing for PR fighters to not be doing big things in the ring, Amanda Serrano notwithstanding, but this extracurricular shit is embarrassing. First Verdejo and now Juanma. At least Tito is staying retired so we don’t have to see his dusty old ass get whooped by DLH lol.

Patiently waiting for Xavier Zayas and Edgar Berlanga to reach the world stage to make this period all just a bad memory

Yea you never see that from american and european men...

Dork.
Why so triggered?

It was a simple question, domestic violence in PR is a real thing right now, I wasnt bashing or being biased against PR, (im half Rican if that makes you feel better) of course its a thing in Europe and America, but for such a small population it seems maybe it’s misinterpreted or its a serious issue.

Why so triggered?

It was a simple question, domestic violence in PR is a real thing right now, I wasnt bashing or being biased against PR, (im half Rican if that makes you feel better) of course its a thing in Europe and America, but for such a small population it seems maybe it’s misinterpreted or its a serious issue.

Well since you're half Rican you must have beaten up a few females too.

I think he was comparing him to a normal man.
Or maybe one of those crossfit female athletes could beat him up... Those chicks are pretty strong.
Why make excuses for him? A pro boxer who is shot is beating up his female partner, it wouldn't be ok if she did crossfit.

Why make excuses for him? A pro boxer who is shot is beating up his female partner, it wouldn't be ok if she did crossfit.

You misunderstand everything dude.

Why so triggered?

There’s nothing in our culture (and I’m Nuyorican fwiw) that makes us more prone to domestic violence than any other group. Sheeet, in fact I’d say that given how maternalistic our culture is — how much we value our moms — it makes us slightly less likely to abuse women. Same goes for most Latino guys. But…

Puerto Rico has gone through a lot of hardships in recent years. More so than most of their neighbors besides Haiti. Men tend to retreat into self medication with illicit drugs and alcohol in tough times. And their women, sadly, get the brunt of the anger. And in the case of Juanma and Verdejo (a has been and a loser) who’ve both almost certainly suffered heavy Brain trauma this is most certainly true.

Like I said: we aren’t any worse or better in the treatment of females than any other Latinos. There’s no apologizing or explaining away the behavior of those two cunts. But let’s not damn a whole group of men based on the actions of a couple rejects

There’s nothing in our culture (and I’m Nuyorican fwiw) that makes us more prone to domestic violence than any other group. Sheeet, in fact I’d say that given how maternalistic our culture is — how much we value our moms — it makes us slightly less likely to abuse women. Same goes for most Latino guys. But…

Puerto Rico has gone through a lot of hardships in recent years. More so than most of their neighbors besides Haiti. Men tend to retreat into self medication with illicit drugs and alcohol in tough times. And their women, sadly, get the brunt of the anger. And in the case of Juanma and Verdejo (a has been and a loser) who’ve both almost certainly suffered heavy Brain trauma this is most certainly true.

Like I said: we aren’t any worse or better in the treatment of females than any other Latinos. There’s no apologizing or explaining away the behavior of those two cunts. But let’s not damn a whole group of men based on the actions of a couple rejects
There is an abundance of alcohol, pharmaceuticals and guns PR and less jobs and opportunities, was it by design? I tend to think so but that’s another topic, as you mentioned when your between a rock and hard place like so many young PR men they will retreat to drugs and alchohol and then lash out at those closest to them, a brutal cycle that ive seen, but in the case of Juanma and Verdejo? Sure cte plays a part but im also sure cte or not they were always scumbags

There is an abundance of alcohol, pharmaceuticals and guns PR and less jobs and opportunities, was it by design? I tend to think so but that’s another topic, as you mentioned when your between a rock and hard place like so many young PR men they will retreat to drugs and alchohol and then lash out at those closest to them, a brutal cycle that ive seen, but in the case of Juanma and Verdejo? Sure cte plays a part but im also sure cte or not they were always scumbags

You’re right on all counts. And yes it was by design, but not done with malicious intent. I don’t want to hijack the thread or go off on a rant but shit, here goes:

Most of the problems that plague PR can be found in the Rust belt and Appalachia. Same symptoms, same root causes.

Basically a people who’re inherently self sustaining “salt of the earth” types (fishing, hunting, farming, livestock) have their land bought out from underneath them and then industrialized. Turning them from independent to dependent. And the manufacturing work on the island never made up for what was lost. Which is why even today the biggest employer in PR, just like in places like West Virginia, is the Military and the Gov. Historically there's been very little in the way of investment in the people and opportunity for them.

Same thing for the PR expats in America. Brought here en masse with the promise of good union jobs in manufacturing, accrual of wealth, home ownership etc. “The American dream.”

And then come the 70s manufacturing work on the east coast was mostly shipped out. By the 80s labor unions were busted amd started drying up. And the tax base in big cities like New York shrank because of white flight and what not. So when the jobs left the resources weren’t there to help PRs, much less other poor people. Which bred more dependency (welfare/food stamps etc).

And so yeah — when things get bad and people are disillusioned and depressed — be it on the island, New York, West Virginia, Ohio, many will turn to crime and drugs. Sadly.

Back