Evo 2015- July 17-19.

Did anyone else read that IGN article about how SSB doesn't belong at Evo?

I think it was written by someone salty about their favorite game dying. That's not Smash nor EVO's fault. Next year Smash will probably overtake SF in viewers and entrants so maybe they should just boot SF to the afternoon and give smash prime time. That will really rage the FGC nerds :icon_lol: but it can solve his problem with smash viewers taking up the front row seats. Or if EVO could work with Nintendo/MLG to host a pro tour and have a huge prize pool with Finals taking place on it's own day during EVO weekend then that would be good too.

They shouldn't have 2 SSB games though, that's ridiculous (especially when one is 14 years old).

I like Smash. It's one of the main reasons I did shitty in college. Then again, I'm a filthy casual.

They shouldn't have 2 SSB games though, that's ridiculous (especially when one is 14 years old).

This isn't something new. Look at Counter Strike. The games are vastly different, so it kind sucks to have to remove melee since it's a much better game. Too bad Nintendo hates that style, Smash could be awesome. If smash does keep getting bigger than perhaps they will outgrow EVO and have their own thing. Like I said, players go where the money is. If Smash 4 gets a huge prize pot or tour, melee will die in a heartbeat.

It's always been like that hasn't it? I haven't been on SRK or sites like that in years, but starting a topic about SSB would always start flame wars.

It's always been like that hasn't it? I haven't been on SRK or sites like that in years, but starting a topic about SSB would always start flame wars.

Yeah but this came from IGN....and it seemed to come from an extremely biased fan of one of the lower played games.

Back