Evidence for Theory of Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomPatrol

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I believe in evolution. It seems pretty legit as a theory goes to me. My friend is a hardcore Christian now and thinks that evolution is bullshit. So I'm trying to introduce them to some solid evidence for evolution, but having accepted it all my life I just realized I don't know the best resources for the evidence. Does anyone have any solid links, search terms, et cetera for me to send their way?

I'm looking for things like fossil evidence, genetic tests, geology... whatever...

If he's a real true-blue Christian, there's no evidence you can show him that will change his opinion. Shit, he already believes a virgin gave birth and zombies are real, he's not an evidence based thinker.

But hopefully someone delivers on the links and you can give it a go.

If he's a real true-blue Christian, there's no evidence you can show him that will change his opinion. Shit, he already believes a virgin gave birth and zombies are real, he's not an evidence based thinker.

TS, this is truly to the point. If your buddy came to looking for answers you can probably show him things and inform him. If you are trying to convince him because he is wrong you'll never have enough evidence.

You wont convince him either way

I'm not trying to convince them. They still believe Lucy is the only indermediate link we've found. I would just like to give them some good pieces of the puzzle and allow them to decide for themselves.

So if you've come in here to just post that "I won't convince them".... do us all a favor and don't.

So you want me to Google for you? Come on TS. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

And Dinosaurs were in the bibles as "Behemoths", living alongside man. lol

Boy, do I ever suggest not bothering debating with your friend. Trust me, it is not worth the headache of listening to him just ignore and discount logic and fact.

I remember when I was in my early 20's and was gung ho to go. Experience has taught me not to bother.

If he is the sort of friend who is trying to press you into religion and you are looking for retorts, he likely won't be your friend much longer unless he can drop it, as you will have to.

I'm not trying to convince them. They still believe Lucy is the only indermediate link we've found. I would just like to give them some good pieces of the puzzle and allow them to decide for themselves.

So if you've come in here to just post that "I won't convince them".... do us all a favor and don't.

Fair enough, are you looking for evidence of human evolution or evolution as a whole?

It's always better to just agree to disagree with stuff like that

The best way to see evolution take place quickly is with bacteria. Let's say you have a culture of bacteria and throw in an antibiotic. Some of them will die off while others will mutate and achieve resistance. It's easy to see this in action with bacteria since they cycle through generations so quickly. It's harder to see with people since a generation takes ~ 30 years.

The best way to see evolution take place quickly is with bacteria. Let's say you have a culture of bacteria and throw in an antibiotic. Some of them will die off while others will mutate and achieve resistance. It's easy to see this in action with bacteria since they cycle through generations so quickly. It's harder to see with people since a generation takes ~ 30 years.

lies and voodoo

So you want me to Google for you? Come on TS. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

I've already tried Google. There is a wealth of resources, but nothing really condensed.

Fair enough, are you looking for evidence of human evolution or evolution as a whole?

Specifically human evolution. Just something that shows the fossil evidence in a simple format.

As much as I'd love to not argue this, they are very close to me and flip flopped recently. So they are now shoving their beliefs down my throat, and rather than cut them off, I'd just like to show them that the theory of evolution has enough evidence to be taken seriously.

TS you likely are wasting your time. Like some have already said, a true-to-heart Christian has unshakable beliefs about the nature of the world. There are some who find Evolution compatible with the Biblical narrative of creation, but most don't. No matter what evidence you present, creationists will likely filter it as evil.

Specifically human evolution. Just something that shows the fossil evidence in a simple format.

As much as I'd love to not argue this, they are very close to me and flip flopped recently. So they are now shoving their beliefs down my throat, and rather than cut them off, I'd just like to show them that the theory of evolution has enough evidence to be taken seriously.

How about this?

Instead of defending evolution just attack Christianity. Mock it. Ask them why they believe what they do and then laugh at them.

Instead of defending evolution just attack Christianity. Mock it. Ask them why they believe what they do and then laugh at them.

Honestly, this isn't bad advice. In debates, it's usually more effective to attack your opponent's points than defend your own.

Hey everyone. So I believe in evolution. It seems pretty legit as a theory goes to me. My friend is a hardcore Christian now and thinks that evolution is bullshit. So I'm trying to introduce them to some solid evidence for evolution, but having accepted it all my life I just realized I don't know the best resources for the evidence. Does anyone have any solid links, search terms, et cetera for me to send their way?

I'm looking for things like fossil evidence, genetic tests, geology... whatever...

You won't convince him no matter how solid your evidence. I am being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back