Elections Everything was going Kamala Harris’ way. Then came the market sell-off.

It will be interesting to see how the market goes for the next few months before the election. I've seen articles saying the Japanese federal reserve has been buying stocks of late. That looks to be true. The Japanese fed apparently is concerned about the carry trade. The US fed too might be cutting interest rates next months. And others saying that the economy is further slowing and as a result we will be experiencing an up and down stock market for the next few months.

Overall though people voting for Harris are not voting for her believing her policies will result in a strong economy. As said on CNBC last week ~

‘If You Care About Your Paycheck, You Go With Trump,’ Jim Cramer Says Live On TV​

People who think that a temporary shift in prices around the news cycle are fucking stupid. Unless you're day trading around political fears and have a "beautiful mind" that makes you think you see something in the numbers that doesn't exist, you have nothing to go on. And even if you did, almost all of the gains made by day trading are at the expense of retail investors like people reading this board, for the benefit of institutional investors who are winning the zero sum game and who get to read the news before it comes out.

Huh, NASDAQ is doing just fine.

Let's check in on some DJT.
xQaBR6M.png

Huh, NASDAQ is doing just fine.

Let's check in on some DJT.
xQaBR6M.png

He only had to hold the bag for another month (I believe) before he could unload all his shares and he was probably delusional enough to think that returning to Twitter early wouldn't cause people to think he was abandoning the platform... and like usual he was wrong.

His campaign is failing so bad he destroyed Truth Social just to have Elon felate him for an hour and get mercilessly mocked for sounding like if Sylvester the cat had dentures and a lisp.

Pretty good example of the sad state of affairs.....

Stock market goes down -- "OMG, it's because of Harris!"

Recovers quickly - *crickets*.

It will be interesting to see how the market goes for the next few months before the election. I've seen articles saying the Japanese federal reserve has been buying stocks of late. That looks to be true. The Japanese fed apparently is concerned about the carry trade. The US fed too might be cutting interest rates next months. And others saying that the economy is further slowing and as a result we will be experiencing an up and down stock market for the next few months.

Overall though people voting for Harris are not voting for her believing her policies will result in a strong economy. As said on CNBC last week ~

‘If You Care About Your Paycheck, You Go With Trump,’ Jim Cramer Says Live On TV​

Oh god... Cramer just fucked Trump

Welcome your new Madam President

Yeah, only the lowest common denominator believes the POTUS has anything to do with this.

Doesn't matter who's in the WH or who gets elected. Declining inflation, coupled with increasing UI is a recipe for a market dump. It's pretty much inevitable at this point as the economy weakens. History is not on our side as the bond market rolls over and the yield curve goes positive...

Didn't you see? Trump is saying it went down because they thought she was doing well, but now that it recovered its because people realized it's fake and he's winning again. <lol>

Didn't you see? Trump is saying it went down because they thought she was doing well, but now that it recovered its because people realized it's fake and he's winning again. <lol>

It's just all so tiresome.... listening to the him, and listening to people on social media play these pathetic games. Kind of like "trolling or stupid, tough to tell" it makes you wonder people who post this kind of shit about a Kamala-crash then go silent when the market rebounds right after... are trolling..... or just that stupid? Unfortunately, I think the size of the second camp is bigger than normal people think.

People who think that a temporary shift in prices around the news cycle are fucking stupid. Unless you're day trading around political fears and have a "beautiful mind" that makes you think you see something in the numbers that doesn't exist, you have nothing to go on. And even if you did, almost all of the gains made by day trading are at the expense of retail investors like people reading this board, for the benefit of institutional investors who are winning the zero sum game and who get to read the news before it comes out.
The sad part is nobody knows why it dropped that day, but are telling everyone the market is crashing because of Harris.
Here is what is going to happen. Rates are going to be lowered right before election. It will run a little bit and once it gets around 42,000, hedge your portfolio with a short focused ETF. I use $UVXY. I have been watching $UVXY after I sold when the market dumped when Iran was threatening to attack Israel. I was up 90% in it but did not pull the trigger until 40% GAINZZZZ. I had bought some because I keep hearing the news talking about new highs a couple times a week. Nothing goes up forever.
So $UVXY has been retracing back to what it was pre 1 day crash, so its cheap again, just waiting for an entry point.
Never get stock advice from political pundits, because they will spin it to support their view.

The sad part is nobody knows why it dropped that day, but are telling everyone the market is crashing because of Harris.
Here is what is going to happen. Rates are going to be lowered right before election. It will run a little bit and once it gets around 42,000, hedge your portfolio with a short focused ETF. I use $UVXY. I have been watching $UVXY after I sold when the market dumped when Iran was threatening to attack Israel. I was up 90% in it but did not pull the trigger until 40% GAINZZZZ. I had bought some because I keep hearing the news talking about new highs a couple times a week. Nothing goes up forever.
So $UVXY has been retracing back to what it was pre 1 day crash, so its cheap again, just waiting for an entry point.
Never get stock advice from political pundits, because they will spin it to support their view.

I'm up about 300% by being all in over 12 years. If the market is flat for the next 10 I'm still winning. Got there by not listening to any Internet people or pundits.

I'm up about 300% by being all in over 12 years. If the market is flat for the next 10 I'm still winning. Got there by not listening to any Internet people or pundits.
I lost 25% after that COVId meetings by the elected officials had and all of them dumped their sticks before the public was made aware of that meetings and made all that back plus a lot more. Now roughly 60% of my portfolio pays dividends. Passive income FTW!
There are days it’s down and days it’s up but every time it’s down and you turn into Chicken Little and days it’s up you go mute, well your this President or other is bad for the Stick Market has no meaning.
I knew it was a dumb coordinated attack by right wing social media and the fact they are silent about current GAINZz proves my point.
Inflation or immigration is what they should be focusing on but they can’t seem to stay on message and get caught in one bad day in the market which kills their other messages.

I think we will see the federal reserve shift its focus from inflation to full employment.

We did see a weaker than expected jobs report. Yes we all expected the job market to cool a bit but was it too much? Who knows and we can keep tracking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Scratch
Back