Everyone is too quick to judge JDS, he'll be back stronger 100%

priderulez

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fight was a great win for CAin, no doubt about it. Leading up to both of these fights all I wanted to see were exciting battles, I am fan of both of them, no favorite honestly.

That said judging JDS so quick and saying he'll have no chance in a rematch is ridiculous, just like it was ridiculous to write Cain off, the way many posters on here did after the first fight

About JDS's loss- here's why I believe he's gonna come back stronger.

First of all he did not perform at the level we know him we should all agree to that. Its much like he said last night- he was too worried about Cain's TDs, so he never really opened up with his striking in the first while he was still fresh, he wasnt protecting himself from punches either.

Everyone knows anxiety can tire you out fast- so its not only the physical pressure Cain put on him- the fear of being taken and kept down had the biggest tall on his mental game when you become too anxious, afraid of what your opponent might and will do u can kinda get thrown out of your game- this is what we saw last night. Like JDS said he did not land anything significant on Cain.

Why I believe he's gonna do better in a rematch (I still dont know if he's gonna win, as I said I only pray for exciting fight). He already knows what Cain is capable of doing to him. He knows he is gonna get taken down, but he also knows he can get up. Until last night what Cain was or wasnt capable of doing to JDS GG-wise was kinda mystery- all sorts of speculations but no one knew for sure. Now that JDS knows he'd prepare- both physically and mentally (which was where he was aminly lacking last night) for this type of challenge. I believe he's gonna have growing confidence going into the rematch- he knows he's gonna get taken down, but he also knows he's able to get back up, and he'd also know that between those TD it would be the time to implement his game and NOT JUST STANDING THERE ANTICIPATING THE NEXT TD, not striking not protecting his face which is what he did last night.

Actually he looked confused and not in his place. Much like Cain did in their first fight. The common thing is they were both anxious and too worried what the other guy might do to them. Last night Cain came out and only worried about his game, something Cigano did not do.

I seriously cannot wait for the rematch. Everyone who says its not gonna be interesting, or that he stands no chance are out of their minds. Cain vs JDS III!!!

crying-boy.jpg

I don't know what will happen but all I know is that it's gonna be a hell of a fight with both JDS and Cain bull rushing each other from the start. It's gonna be fun.

Yes JDS will be back stronger and more enhanced than ever.

I don't know why these neer-do-wells can't comprehend that; they act like this is the only MMA fight they saw and no fighter ever had a bad night.

I agree with TS. Cain himself admitted it was the hardest fight of his life, and that he knows he will likely have to go through it again. You could tell he wasn't just saying shit just to be nice. He wouldn't feel that way if the third fight is a gimme, and i'd be inclined to trust his opinion more than the dipshit haters on sherdog.

I think this fight was sort of like the mirror image of the first fight. Each time, the loser was a little too tentative and let the other fighter impose his game plan. JDS' takedown defense was pretty impressive, but because he never mounted an aggressive offense of his own, it was inevitable that one of Cain's attacks would crash through. As the TS said, JDS can make adjustments. They won't guarantee him victory, but they will substantially improve his odds.

I don't know what will happen but all I know is that it's gonna be a hell of a fight with both JDS and Cain bull rushing each other from the start. It's gonna be fun.
Yup. Total pressure from both guys. A smaller JDS with better cardio.

Looking forward to it!

I believe he definitely will be back 100% and better than before, he's still one of the best HW champs that UFC has had and one of the best in the division. He'll be back KO'ing people soon.

Its pretty annoying how quickly people now seem to write him off. I mean the guy just came off the greatest HW run in UFC history where he looked invincible.

Dos Santos is still a top 10 p4p fighter and he will be back even better.

if he doesn't get better off his back fast it will be the same result as the last fight.

You have to apply your speculation evenly. Maybe Cain was so good an injury or nerves meant he gassed too early too or didn't do any better. These threads are ridiculous. I welcome part 3 and may the best man win.

Everybody know that he's one of the best of the planet...but it was stupid to call him invincible or the GOAT...

if he doesn't get better off his back fast it will be the same result as the last fight.

He wasn't that bad on the ground. He got up over and over again. Overall, he also did a decent job defending the takedown. The problem was that he used up all his energy doing those things before he could throw serious bombs at Cain's head. His strategy was a little bit too patient. He kept working those body punches, playing the long game, when he should have been going for the KO. But hindsight is 20/20.

He wasn't that bad on the ground. He got up over and over again. Overall, he also did a decent job defending the takedown. The problem was that he used up all his energy doing those things before he could throw serious bombs at Cain's head. His strategy was a little bit too patient. He kept working those body punches, playing the long game, when he should have been going for the KO. But hindsight is 20/20.

I also believe his GG isnt that much of an issue. He should not concentrate on it too much, he'll never be what Werdum is for the JJ world or Cain for the Wrestling world anyway. He cant play those guys at their strengths.

I mean he should concentrate on nullify his opponents strength as much as possible instead and impose the game where he's best at. Thats his striking and no amount of Ju Jitsu will make him better in this department. As for TDD and getting back up we already saw he's good at that

jds will be back and better than before. at least he knows what to work on.

I was rooting for Cain in both fights but i still think there was something wrong with Dos Santos, maybe an eraly injury or something. He wasn't fighting at all.

The formula for beating JDS is now very known. He will not be getting the UFC belt back ever again. He is a one dimensional brawler who has waited too long to try and catch up as that piece of BJJ paper he has will not help him in a fight.

Back