Media Every strikes Max Holloway landed on Calvin Katter

One of if not the best striking performance I've ever seen in MMA. Max shows everything in this fight. His Hands, Footwork, Feints, Kicks, Elbows, and Volume.

I just started the video at random points, and bunch of shots that lands on Katter's guards and not even close to hitting him.

Not a good sign when all the stakes a fighter landed takes nearly 10 mins. What a travesty for officiating.

This hurts as a Kattar fan, but his team seems to have learned from this a lot. Even Font said he took lessons from Max last night, and to be honest it kind of showed. He was throwing some shifting blitz combos like Holloway this weekend lol. Kattar will come back strong from this I think.

I'm hoping Max doesn't wait out for a title shot. I want to see him fight again soon.

This hurts as a Kattar fan, but his team seems to have learned from this a lot. Even Font said he took lessons from Max last night, and to be honest it kind of showed. He was throwing some shifting blitz combos like Holloway this weekend lol. Kattar will come back strong from this I think.

I'm hoping Max doesn't wait out for a title shot. I want to see him fight again soon.
Kattar weakness is that he can't counter strike. He rely a lot on his high guard as his main defense which max exploited perfectly in this fight.

Rob font is different, he's a better and a more dynamic boxer than Kattar.

Lol At the contradictory post. What technique leads to five hundred strikes to the head with no finish? Were you coached by Fabia in bdsm wear?
We get it, you don't know Jack shit about mma other than sucking off pride fighters on this forum.

It must hurt knowing that max holloway is more beloved than every single pride fighters combined.

We get it, you don't know Jack shit about mma other than sucking off pride fighters on this forum.

It must hurt knowing that max holloway is more beloved than every single pride fighters combined.
No please continue with your technical talk and tell me which technique results in 500 shots to the head with mma gloves but no no finish? Please enlighten me with your “jackshit about MMA” and don’t get overwhelmed/distracted by my join date and experience. Please focus on the discussion: I really want to know how is it even possible to land that many (in)significant strikes and not finish someone?!

Kattar weakness is that he can't counter strike. He rely a lot on his high guard as his main defense which max exploited perfectly in this fight.

Rob font is different, he's a better and a more dynamic boxer than Kattar.

Kattar definitely can counter strike and we've seen him do it a lot in the octagon, and he caught max a lot too. The only people who hit Max more than Kattar was Volk and Poirier. You are definitely right though that Kattar's forté is not counter striking-- he's better as the guy leading the dance and he should build his game around that. It wasn't necessarily Kattar's high guard itself that Max capitalized on, it was rather Kattar's tendency to kind of catch and pitch, or wait for turns. You can not cover up and wait for your turn against Max. You need to punch with him, and kattar didn't do that enough at all.

Volk used the high guard excellently against max. The difference was that he punched with Max more often and stopped max in his tracks, preventing max from building momentum. Kattar didn't do that enough at all.

He'll learn from this hopefully.

No please continue with your technical talk and tell me which technique results in 500 shots to the head with mma gloves but no no finish? Please enlighten me with your “jackshit about MMA” and don’t get overwhelmed/distracted by my join date and experience. Please focus on the discussion: I really want to know how is it even possible to land that many (in)significant strikes and not finish someone?!
Shit I guess you're right.

Going by your logic manny pacquiao is a shit boxer because he couldn't finish Margarito despite landing millions of punches.

Remember when you said Calvin was a better boxer than Max LOL

Shit I guess you're right.

Going by your logic manny pacquiao is a shit boxer because he couldn't finish Margarito despite landing millions of punches.
So blind and illiterate? I said mma gloves! Lol

Remember when you said Calvin was a better boxer than Max LOL

I remember saying I thought he was more dangerous in the boxing range, yeah. Remember calling me out on it 7 times now? lol

Back