Every BJJ guys fear in tournament

How long until everyone realizes this guy is a troll?

How long until everyone realizes this guy is a troll?

I don't think he's a troll Tbh. I got second in my first ever bjj tournament partially due to a wrestler. It was ultimately my fault as I was not mentally or technically prepared for someone to get a double and stall, but nevertheless, it was a bit dissapointing. (forver whitebelt since 2009 pride) rofl and before I get any flack I was training off and on since then (mostly off) so I probably have a cumulative 2 years ish experience at most.

I think only white and early blue's fear wrestlers. After that it's awesome to meet a guy who you KNOW will play top.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but because you're not a little bitch and you trust your BJJ.

giphy.gif

I don't think he's a troll Tbh. I got second in my first ever bjj tournament partially due to a wrestler. It was ultimately my fault as I was not mentally or technically prepared for someone to get a double and stall, but nevertheless, it was a bit dissapointing. (forver whitebelt since 2009 pride) rofl and before I get any flack I was training off and on since then (mostly off) so I probably have a cumulative 2 years ish experience at most.

Check out all the threads he's started.

Check out all the threads he's started.

Ok ok. Let me rephrase. The guy may be a troll, but the thread has potential for interesting (to me) discussion. Aka the troll has failed and made something productive. :p

Am I the only one who came in expecting a diarrhea thread...?

Frankly I'm a little relieved, actually.

My biggest fear is being choked unconscious and losing control of my bowels or bladder. Oh god or both.

Look, I'm no badass by any means, but if you have so little confidence in your martial art and your own abilities that you're scared to compete against a guy with experience in a different (though related) art, why are you competing at all? In fact, if you think wrestling is that badass, why aren't you wrestling? I have no problem whatsoever with people who do BJJ for fun or exercise or self defense, but if you're going to compete you really should think you're going to win regardless of who you face or else you're largely wasting your money. Obviously there are exceptions, if you're a new guy or you just compete every once in a while so you remember what it's like or whatever, but if you're a serious competitor you should believe in your game and be confident facing anyone.

It's funny because I think a good competitive mindset actually involves a bit of self delusion. When I compete, even if I'm competing against someone who I've lost to multiple times in the past or whose competitive achievements way exceed my own, I always try as hard as possible to convince myself I'm going to win. And sometimes I do! Not usually (my results are definitely a good indicator of my actual abilities), but sometimes. You have to have that mindset...you may be fooling yourself a good portion of the time, but if you don't believe you're going to win, trust me, you won't.

Ok ok. Let me rephrase. The guy may be a troll, but the thread has potential for interesting (to me) discussion. Aka the troll has failed and made something productive. :p

He sucks and brings nothing new to the table.

Back