Everlast gloves vs Reyes - for power punchers.

too hard to tell from your picture @spacetime - i think you should return them and try a different model or brand now that you have experience with a lower line of glove, you'll probably appreciate a higher line that much more

too hard to tell from your picture @spacetime - i think you should return them and try a different model or brand now that you have experience with a lower line of glove, you'll probably appreciate a higher line that much more

I need the pillow effect. I just showed you that the padding on higher end lines is worse than my economy line (which is discontinued). It doesn't matter regarding the finer leather and ergonomic fit, since they have for whatever reason weaker foam composition. Dont' be fooled by the leather, it's the inside that gives away.

I have had the training gloves and fight gloves for over a year...

{<hhh] So your point is invalid.

Yeah, usually Mexican training gloves are known to be the most durable out there...

However, Mexican pro fight gloves probably have the least durability despite being top quality. Which is natural due to the nature of horse hair padding and intended use for professional matches.

Yeah, usually Mexican training gloves are known to be the most durable out there...

However, Mexican pro fight gloves probably have the least durability despite being top quality. Which is natural due to the nature of horse hair padding and intended use for professional matches.

Like I have said before in other threads, The MX fight gloves allow you to use a substantial knuckle guard on pro style training wrap. Tape and gauze Insert foam in the middle of the gauze when rolling up to make the pad. So the glove is more of a shell in this case. I'm relying on the wrap for protection. Plus I only use this setup for mitts and small / water heavy bag.

Latex gloves are Ideal IMO for bag work. But nothing lasts forever. And not everyone likes the same kind of gloves and or has strong hands. So go with what works for you, or the setup you like.

<mma4> .

Like I have said before in other threads, The MX fight gloves allow you to use a substantial knuckle guard on pro style training wrap. Tape and gauze Insert foam in the middle of the gauze when rolling up to make the pad. So the glove is more of a shell in this case. I'm relying on the wrap for protection. Plus I only use this setup for mitts and small / water heavy bag.

Latex gloves are Ideal IMO for bag work. But nothing lasts forever. And not everyone likes the same kind of gloves and or has strong hands. So go with what works for you, or the setup you like.

<mma4> .

I'm curious ... Are you 100% sure Everlast in the states didn't sell my Fighter Leather Gloves? Amazon. com has them... The model is from 2016. They are out of print.

Thanks for the advice

No problem. I don't know how you feel but putting quality control aside, I find that classic design Everlast gloves (non MX) give a great pop AND knuckle protection. And that lesser known brands don't.

My observations: way different sound and pop from 12 vs 160z. There seems to be more power from 16s by the extra mass on them. Even though I punch faster with 12s.

This is 12s

I'm curious ... Are you 100% sure Everlast in the states didn't sell my Fighter Leather Gloves? Amazon. com has them... The model is from 2016. They are out of print.

No, I am not. All I was saying is that I personally have never seen those gloves on their website or even at retailers. Doesn't mean they def were not offered in the states.

I get your point that you found a glove that you liked and worked for you. But it should be pretty easy to find a similar type of glove as the glove you posted is basically a generic design with Everlast screen printing.

<{titihmm}>.

Is everyone in this thread on crack?

Nah Spacetime is pretty infamous over in the Stand-up section of the site, and not for good reasons. Figured we'd entertain him for a bit since this is a slower section but there's only so much I can handle with the low line everlast gloves lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back