Everlast gloves vs Reyes - for power punchers.

Man... The 10 Oz versions I just got home were stiff as fuck.. My long fingers are struggling. Do they stretch?

I like to stick a thick pair of socks into the glove for several days and that seems to help a good amount

I like to stick a thick pair of socks into the glove for several days and that seems to help a good amount

I going to return them. You will never believe how fucked these gloves were in the manufactering in Pakistan. They are first of all deformed, slanted and unsymmetrical. Left glove is padded like a ballon, while the right glove is flat like a pancake. The left glove has dry leather, the right one soft leather. The stitching is also wrong.

The 16oz did not have these defects, only a tad bit sloppy stitching at a spot or two. I am starting to realise why Everlast has a bad rap. It's a crapshoot when it comes to quality control in putting the shit together properly.

Last edited:
Here's the fucked up 10oz

Hard to see from This picture but

Note how the left one is slanted, including the Everlast logo, in a different colour nuance, and skin. And padded flat like a pankake
_20180520_023408.JPG

Compare that to the 16Oz I got delivered, which I am happy with. The right glove has a bigger topping but they are padded the same and are not slanted

MOV_1543_000000.jpg

Haha that left one definitely took a wrong turn on the assembly line. Hopefully the 16s hold up for you

Will 12 Oz on the same model deteriorate fast as fuck compared to 16 Oz on the bag because of less stuffing, or has it more to do with the quality of the padding inside?

Should I be more careful blasting with the 12oz?

These are my gloves. Fantastic cushion and resistance so far.
Are they approved for amateur fights? View attachment 380749

Bro, those are not even real Everlast gloves !! Unless those are some weird model they make for the Euro of other foreign market. I could be wrong but I have never seen those models offered in the US.

<Varys01> .

There seems to be cheaper variants of the 1910 models that look like garbage. So better check carefully the prices.

View attachment 381035

<{cruzshake}> Lol, those are NOT the 1910 pro fight gloves.

These are :

box_r_guillermo-rigondeaux_mb_600.jpg

Bro, those are not even real Everlast gloves !! Unless those are some weird model they make for the Euro of other foreign market. I could be wrong but I have never seen those models offered in the US.

<Varys01> .

<You11> AH - HA !! I WAS RIGHT !! IT'S THE GARBAGE THEY SELL TO THE PEASANTS IN THE SHITHOLE COUNTRIES !!

<mma4> .

They last longer that the Powerlocks bag gloves (average knuckle padding lifespan 3 months).

They last longer that the Powerlocks bag gloves (average knuckle padding lifespan 3 months).

I use the MX training gloves and fight gloves. ( for training, I do not fight ) Also have evergel protex3 training gloves. Protex 3 fight gloves several pair.

Those gloves are not in the same league as the Prolocks. It's a generic design with Everlast Screen Printing.

<Fedor23> .

I use the MX training gloves and fight gloves. ( for training, I do not fight ) Also have evergel protex3 training gloves. Protex 3 fight gloves several pair.

Those gloves are not in the same league as the Prolocks. It's a generic design with Everlast Screen Printing.

<Fedor23> .

MX are Mexico style gloves with very modest padding. They won't last.

To answer your original question @spacetime - sometimes companies will use the same amount of padding within their model, and insert random pieces of rubber or other materials within the glove just to increase the weight. So the padding will be the same, but the weight will be different.

I'm not saying this is the case for your gloves, as I've never owned multiple weights in the economy line of everlast, but it would not surprise me if this is the route they went.

MX are Mexico style gloves with very modest padding. They won't last.

Don't confuse the pro fight model with the training model, one uses horse hair and foam, the other uses molded foam.

To answer your original question @spacetime - sometimes companies will use the same amount of padding within their model, and insert random pieces of rubber or other materials within the glove just to increase the weight. So the padding will be the same, but the weight will be different.

I'm not saying this is the case for your gloves, as I've never owned multiple weights in the economy line of everlast, but it would not surprise me if this is the route they went.

But why is the material and composition different for 10-12 Oz compared to 16....They even smell differently. I will show you the new ones

Back