Everlast focus Mitts

Jamie 22nd

White Belt
Reaction score
Alright guys, so I'm going to buy some focus mitts in the next few days. I came across two, the 'everlast hook and jab boxing pads' and the 'everlast evergel mantis punch mitts'. With the evergel ones being

Everyone is going to hate on everlast, just so you arent shocked.

I have the evergel mantis mitts.

I actually got them because I didnt have a pair and there was a mitt holding certification course thing so I picked up the everlasts because I could get them locally.

They actually arent too bad, At some point, I want to order some from top boxer but for just keeping in my bag to take to the gym and doing mitts with friends they are pretty decent.

Generally though, yeah, I hate everything about everlast.

I would be willing to bet he is paid to wear Everlast. Those are also the mid-tier of Everlast's line, the leather version have red trim.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Everlast-Le...pt=Martial_Arts_Equipment&hash=item20e1a8c44c

Even if Everlast send them to him for free, does that discredit him choosing to use them? It's not like he can't afford to buy whatever mitts he wants. I imagine he probably just doesn't care so much about it.

Even if Everlast send them to him for free, does that discredit him choosing to use them? It's not like he can't afford to buy whatever mitts he wants. I imagine he probably just doesn't care so much about it.

I've seen him use mitts from ringside and tuff wear to grant and Adidas...he is either getting free pairs or getting paid. Most people at that level do not pay for gear. Even for gear that does not sponsor directly, a secondary sponsor usually picks up the tab.

I have the evergel mantis mitts.

I actually got them because I didnt have a pair and there was a mitt holding certification course thing so I picked up the everlasts because I could get them locally.

They actually arent too bad, At some point, I want to order some from top boxer but for just keeping in my bag to take to the gym and doing mitts with friends they are pretty decent.

Generally though, yeah, I hate everything about everlast.

Yeah thanks for the advice bro. Can I ask why do most people hate everlast so much though lol

Yeah thanks for the advice bro. Can I ask why do most people hate everlast so much though lol

I think most people hate Everlast because people show up at the gyms with cheap everlast gloves that are really unpleasant to get hit with. On top of that, I think their quality is generally not great even though Everlast has a long history in boxing.

I normally stay well clear of everlast but I grabbed a few things from them that actually arent too bad, especially for the price. I got the mantis mitts and a cheap pair of boxing shoes because my other shoes are too small.

Again, I was actually a little surprised witht he mitts but really, they cover the fingertips and have a strap to tighten them so they do the job just fine.

I think most people hate Everlast because people show up at the gyms with cheap everlast gloves that are really unpleasant to get hit with. On top of that, I think their quality is generally not great even though Everlast has a long history in boxing.

I normally stay well clear of everlast but I grabbed a few things from them that actually arent too bad, especially for the price. I got the mantis mitts and a cheap pair of boxing shoes because my other shoes are too small.

Again, I was actually a little surprised witht he mitts but really, they cover the fingertips and have a strap to tighten them so they do the job just fine.

Ok thanks bro. It's just that I saw all this hate towards everlast all over the internet and it had me thinking why people don't like them so much when some of the top boxers use their equipment lol. Thanks again

Ok thanks bro. It's just that I saw all this hate towards everlast all over the internet and it had me thinking why people don't like them so much when some of the top boxers use their equipment lol. Thanks again

A lot of the top pro's are sponsored by Everlast and are GIVEN their top of the line products to use when the cameras are on (when the cameras are off, these top pro's will put their Winning's back on so that they can train seriously haha); amateurs on the other hand have to pay for their gear, and most of them will purchase economical products, which in Everlast's case generally means really, REALLY crappy goods (with their higher end stuff being OK but waaaay overpriced).

and a lot of top pros use the stuff whether the camera is on, or off

I've seen him use mitts from ringside and tuff wear to grant and Adidas...he is either getting free pairs or getting paid. Most people at that level do not pay for gear. Even for gear that does not sponsor directly, a secondary sponsor usually picks up the tab.

I heard a podcast with the owner of a Las Vegas boxing gym in it (Sinister), I believe I remember him saying how he ordered some mitts online for Floyd Mayweather Sr who needed a new set at that time.

A lot of the top pro's are sponsored by Everlast and are GIVEN their top of the line products to use when the cameras are on (when the cameras are off, these top pro's will put their Winning's back on so that they can train seriously haha); amateurs on the other hand have to pay for their gear, and most of them will purchase economical products, which in Everlast's case generally means really, REALLY crappy goods (with their higher end stuff being OK but waaaay overpriced).

Haha yeah they probably do go right back to Winning Gloves afterwards. Thanks

I wonder how long they will last...

we'll see.

The community ones at my gym are going strong though. I dont really care and I'm not really worried about it as these were never intended to be anything more than a temporary set. I actually ordered a few new pairs of higher end mitts this evening.

I got some cleto reyes panteras on the way and some ummmm.....cough cough...winnings....I couldnt help it.

I have a pair of the ever gel mitts and they are still going strong after about a year. Also got them on the cheap which is the only reason I bought them.

Back