Ever Met Any Celebrities? What were they like? Quentin Tarantino Story Inside.

in the past 5 years.
Robert Redford (introduced to me as Bob) a little prior to covid.
Mike McKean (Spinal Tap, BCS, Laverne and Shirley) at the IFC Center a few years ago.
Lenny James and Melissa McBride (TWD).
Chuck Dolan (cablevision founder).

I shook hands with the president of my country.

<Fedor23>

Also saw Kristaps Porzingis in a Supermarket once, LOL. I couldn't fucking believe it.
Nice. Doesn't he play for my town? Portland?

in the past 5 years.
Robert Redford (introduced to me as Bob) a little prior to covid.
Mike McKean (Spinal Tap, BCS, Laverne and Shirley) at the IFC Center a few years ago.
Lenny James and Melissa McBride (TWD).
Chuck Dolan (cablevision founder).
McKean, as in the guy that bagged that total babe from smallville? Annette o toole?

Did you meet Melissa and Lenny at a comic con?

This was 2011, the year that rap legend Heavy D would sadly pass away.

My father is a movie maker, he's not Steven Spielberg, but he is relatively successful. My girl and I flew into LA. My father owned a restaurant at the time where celebs would often come in and order a meal.

"Hey [Alphaboy] there's someone I want you to meet."

"I think I met everyone," I said thinking he was gonna introduce me to another staff member at the restaurant or extended family.

I followed him to the counter and Heavy D was there. I recognized him right away, hell, my dad even said his name but I went blank and said the most idiotic thing one could say in that situation... "Oh, you're-you're that celbrity aren't you?"

Now, believe me, some celebrity encounters can go bad (I know from experience). A lot of them, being arrogant douches, would get pissed off at my folly. Instead, Heavy D within seconds responds with an epic comeback, that I didn't even get until later.

"Well, usually I am... apparently today I'm not."

My dad sprints to the kitchen to mock me to his wife.

Heavy D talks with my girl and I for a second and is even kind enough to introduce me to his parents who were sitting by a nearby table. I just got my fancy schmansy, DLSR camera that I was taking all around LA. I asked him if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me and my girl. He gladly says yes and we naturally get on either side of him.

"Uh uh, beauty in the middle," he said, putting my wife in the center of the pic.

My father, now back, snaps the pic for us.

image (7).jpg

Afterwards, he eats his dinner, grabs another bag to go and politely approaches us, gives me a pound and says goodbye.

Look, I know everyone says "so and so celebrity is the nicest person ever!" because they half-heartedly took a selfie with them or didn't tell them to "f*ck off!" but this guy was actually one of the nicest ones I've encountered.

He would go on to die November 8th of that year. RIP.

McKean, as in the guy that bagged that total babe from smallville? Annette o toole?

Did you meet Melissa and Lenny at a comic con?

Never watched Smallville, but i looked it up and yes, he's listed as being in that series.
Regarding Lenny and Melissa, it wasn't thru comic-con. Also met Scott Gimple, but didn't want to mention that since i know lots of TWD fans hate him, lol.

Nice. Doesn't he play for my town? Portland?

Nope.

4R346KX5SVFF3MBWLA7Z6F7UJE.jpg

Did you follow in the footsteps? What do you do now?

Sort of? I only enlisted to get out of town at the last minute. Never had any intentions of ever doing so. Only did one enlistment and some non-obligated IRR time. Been retired for about two years.

This was 2011, the year that rap legend Heavy D would sadly pass away.

My father is a movie maker, he's not Steven Spielberg, but he is relatively successful. My girl and I flew into LA. My father owned a restaurant at the time where celebs would often come in and order a meal.

"Hey [Alphaboy] there's someone I want you to meet."

"I think I met everyone," I said thinking he was gonna introduce me to another staff member at the restaurant or extended family.

I followed him to the counter and Heavy D was there. I recognized him right away, hell, my dad even said his name but I went blank and said the most idiotic thing one could say in that situation... "Oh, you're-you're that celbrity aren't you?"

Now, believe me, some celebrity encounters can go bad (I know from experience). A lot of them, being arrogant douches, would get pissed off at my folly. Instead, Heavy D within seconds responds with an epic comeback, that I didn't even get until later.

"Well, usually I am... apparently today I'm not."

My dad sprints to the kitchen to mock me to his wife.

Heavy D talks with my girl and I for a second and is even kind enough to introduce me to his parents who were sitting by a nearby table. I just got my fancy schmansy, DLSR camera that I was taking all around LA. I asked him if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me and my girl. He gladly says yes and we naturally get on either side of him.

"Uh uh, beauty in the middle," he said, putting my wife in the center of the pic.

My father, now back, snaps the pic for us.

View attachment 866776

Afterwards, he eats his dinner, grabs another bag to go and politely approaches us, gives me a pound and says goodbye.

Look, I know everyone says "so and so celebrity is the nicest person ever!" because they half-heartedly took a selfie with them or didn't tell them to "f*ck off!" but this guy was actually one of the nicest ones I've encountered.

He would go on to die November 8th of that year. RIP.
That's the in right there. Nice to the elderly parents. Whether they old or not. In. With celebs. With the women you just met

Sort of? I only enlisted to get out of town at the last minute. Never had any intentions of ever doing so. Only did one enlistment and some non-obligated IRR time. Been retired for about two years.
Well the fact that you served at least.

Nice. I bet you look back upon basic now with the same fondness I do.

Never watched Smallville, but i looked it up and yes, he's listed as being in that series.
Regarding Lenny and Melissa, it wasn't thru comic-con. Also met Scott Gimple, but didn't want to mention that since i know lots of TWD fans hate him, lol.
Gimple...rely on him to fuck up his own shit. That's cool though o forgot to mention I met Daryl. Said what's up, he did the head nod thing

Gimple...rely on him to fuck up his own shit. That's cool though o forgot to mention I met Daryl. Said what's up, he did the head nod thing

About 5 years ago, i was outside my employer's building smoking and Norman was outside of the same building with a couple of PR girls. I could've met him as i knew both of the PR girls, but i'm not the type to ask to be introduced to people. Funny things is, he's standing there on the sidewalk on seventh avenue in NYC, and the only person who approached him was someone he knew. But, that's NY for you.

Well the fact that you served at least.

Nice. I bet you look back upon basic now with the same fondness I do.

A bit. I have no regrets about enlisting, but there wasn't anything they could have done to make me stay. Almost forgot, Montel Williams was my father's shop supervisor at one point. He tried to prevent my father from reenlisting so that he could get his 20.

Last edited:
Back