Ever lost any videogames?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to replay Final Fantasy 12 and I couldn't find it. Turns out a lot a crapload of PS1 and PS2 games while we moved to the new house. I only have a handful of PS1/PS2 games left in my collection. It sucks that now I have to rebuild. Not only that, but I turned on my PS2 for the first time in years and it's not working anymore. Does anyone know if Sony is planning on releasing a PS4 that has backwards compatibility for the previous PlayStations?

I also lost a ton of videogame magazines that I never wanted to get rid of. Some old Nintento, EGM, GamePro, etc.. magazines and demo discs that I'll never be able to find anywhere now unless I get lucky.

This shit ruined my weekend.

I wanted to replay Final Fantasy 12 and I couldn't find it. Turns out a lot a crapload of PS1 and PS2 games while we moved to the new house. I only have a handful of PS1/PS2 games left in my collection. It sucks that now I have to rebuild. Not only that, but I turned on my PS2 for the first time in years and it's not working anymore. Does anyone know if Sony is planning on releasing a PS4 that has backwards compatibility for the previous PlayStations?

I also lost a ton of videogame magazines that I never wanted to get rid of. Some old Nintento, EGM, GamePro, etc.. magazines and demo discs that I'll never be able to find anywhere now unless I get lucky.

This shit ruined my weekend.
GamePro! Takes me back!

I've still got all my magazines, but I've had a few games go missing. They're somewhere in the house, but they've got lost from moving, boxing, moving, boxing, that now I just don't know where I put some of them. I've been looking for my original copy of MGS for years.

For that matter, I don't even know where my Dreamcast and all of it's games went.

Does anyone know if Sony is planning on releasing a PS4 that has backwards compatibility for the previous PlayStations?
I doubt it, they are starting to sell digital copied of PS2 games. It would be nice though. I keep a fat PS3 around for that. I wouldn't bother rebuying PS1 games, you can just download that shit on the internet.

I think i've purchased around 4-5 Age of Empires II CD Packs at Wal-Mart over the years because I kept losing them. Same with Sid Meiers Civilization IV expansion set (I had one disc, but couldnt find the other one etc)... Same with Starcraft.

Apparently if I purchased those CD packs at Wal-Mart that were either $9.99 or $19.99 I was bound to lose them. I played them non stop for a few months then wouldnt play them for several months. When I was itching to play them again I could never find them and had to go to Wal-Mart and hope they still had them.

Havent purchased any physical copies of games (just Steam, or some E-License sites) in a long time.

I haven't been able to find my CDs for PC for Prey, Quake IV and Far Cry for about four or five years.

My PS1 copy of Nuclear Strike just disappeared back in 99 or 2000.

A long time agin my brother and I told our mother that the SNES controller was broken. She ended up tossing the entire system and controllers (we had the games still). One of the biggest WTF moments of my life. We never got a new one ;_;

Only thing that really sticks out is this PS1 game I had called Eternal Eyes which I liked a lot. Also, had this Medabots game for GBA that I think I lost at my grandmas place and then they ended up moving so I have no idea where it went

Wouldn't say lost, but my apartment isn't exactly in the nicest neighbourhood. Got broken into one weekend and my PS3 collection got stolen.

naw man but my parents sold a bunch of my xmen toys when I was a kid. You make a thread about missing action figures and I'm there.

naw man but my parents sold a bunch of my xmen toys when I was a kid. You make a thread about missing action figures and I'm there.
I used to have a huge collection of action figures when I was little. One day they all just disappeared...that was a sad day.

I've lost a lot of games, but I think I miss the magazines more. I'd kill for my old copies of Expert Gamer.

Last edited:
I bought EA UFC, walked next door to the grocery store to grab some things, the game disappeared. I have absolutely no idea where it could have possible gone to this day. I had it in my cart, which I never left. I assume someone snatched it but they must've been like a ninja.

Bought a digital copy later that day lol, so I paid double for that game. Thankfully I put countless hours into it so still got my moneys worth.

Lost my Dreamcast and my imported Shenmue 2 copy

Also lost my modded PS1

Yep. Just happened after a recent move. Can't find a lot of my PS3 games I never played, but wanted to burn thru before getting a PS4. Have no idea where they went.

My ps4 just carked it and I didn't usb or cloud save my games.... :(

So sort of different but lost my games sigh....

Went to visit my parents Christmas 2014 and brought my 360 with me, didn't realise till a few months later but somehow over the holiday season I lost Skyrim, Halo: Reach and Bioshock Infinite.

I lost like 5 or 6 GBA games once. After that i learned to take proper care of my shit and i NEVER lost anything again.

Not so much "Lost", because I keep my games in a rack, so it goes back in there right away.

However, I took some games down to a friend's house. A couple of games were left there by mistake, I went there a couple of days later, he'd lent them both out, and never got them back, one of them, I'd never actually played. Another time after that, he stole a couple of my games to sell to buy weed.

So, he basically cost me over £100 in games that he essentially stole.

In High School, a friend of mine wanted to borrow a few PS2 games of mine, so I let him and then I didn't see them back for awhile, and he kept dodging me when I asked for them back. Turns out, he sold them on ebay, the prick. I harrassed him forever until he eventually gave me money for them. We weren't friends anymore after that.

Back