• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ever heard of Gongkwon Yusul? Korean JiuJitsu -videos-

friendly advice to help the rest of us with your posts...

I've got better advice for him.

GKYS

no, not the martial art I mean Go Kill Your Self.

Strictly in an internet sense of course; meaning delete your account and stop spamming your ridiculous nonsense all over the place.

this reminds me of the traditional jujutsu thread that got bumped 60 times in a row every few months by the same person.

hey if you want to pay money to them good. But their first "black belt champion" quit GKYS to put on a bjj white belt

There are many other non-bjj martial art bb's that transitioned from bb to bjj white belt. Dave Camarillo is one of them. ( If you actually know him.) David Adiv, Royler Gracie's student was a judo champion prior to becoming whitebelt under Royler gracie.

Again, you fail to know all facts, knowing one but not the another. It does not matter, transitions in MA's happen. Does that mean judo sucks since they had more bb's transition over to bjj to get white belts?

friendly advice to help the rest of us with your posts...

the is a little button at the bottom of peoples post that say "quote". if you hit that button a box will appear with the pertinent text in it and you can respond directly to what someone has said, as opposed to posting pages of posts that make no sense because we don't know what you are responding too.

right now your posts seem like the ramblings of some gongkwon kool-aid drinker and are really annoying.

thanks in advance,

yoder

Appreciate that. Im new to sherdog.

I've got better advice for him.

GKYS

no, not the martial art I mean Go Kill Your Self.

Strictly in an internet sense of course; meaning delete your account and stop spamming your ridiculous nonsense all over the place.

this reminds me of the traditional jujutsu thread that got bumped 60 times in a row every few months by the same person.

Woa, somebody is furious and mad. Chill out there.
Using your ability to create acronyms and shit to reveal your emotions. I find that one interesting.

All Im trying to do is clear misunderstandings of this martial art because people like you who do not know would benefit from gaining some knowledge once in a while. After all, Im the only one who talks about this martial art while all of you are trolling and talking smack for no reasons. I dont know where yous are from and how insecure you are but dont spill tears over me please. Keep emotions behind the key board and think of ways to actually contribute some useful information. Ironically, after all you are the one who strongly opposes ridiculous nonsense.
Thank You.

I got an acronym too.

Terribly
Retarded &
Over-reacting
Little
Loser

Can you guess what first letters spell? Better know who you are at least.

I think it's hilarious all you guys try to "decipher" Korean words by looking at chinese characters. Yusul means grappling plain and simple.

Last I remember, an armbar is an armbar, and a kneebar is a kneebar. Everyone thinks any MA that has teaches an armbar is a ripoff of bjj...get over it.

I think it's hilarious all you guys try to "decipher" Korean words by looking at chinese characters. Yusul means grappling plain and simple.

Last I remember, an armbar is an armbar, and a kneebar is a kneebar. Everyone thinks any MA that has teaches an armbar is a ripoff of bjj...get over it.

That is my point. I mean, they dont even do any background research on what they are talking about. I never learned Gongkwon Yusul (MA we discuss here) but at least im informed by books of the founder and basic info from homepages in Korea and australia. Im not saying there are no rip-off MA's of bjj but im just saying that these folks are pointing to a wrong martial art and accusing it of fraud and ripoff.

It is proven fact that Gongkwon Yusul is created in 1996 in Korea. BJJ was introduced in Korea by John Frankl in 1999. It would be anachronistic to say GKYS is a rippoff of bjj. Yet trolls continue to rase their voices. Internet has amazing capability to let stupid people be heard.

But it dont matter. Facts & Knowledge pwn trolls.

whats wrong with this? gongkwon yusul takes the curriculum of bjj and teaches it to you without the bullcrap. ive got blackbelts in 2 other martial arts and have graded belts in other beyond those. but 10 to 14 years to get a bjj blackbelt?! are you for real?! bjj is nothing more than a moneyspinner and is designed to hook up students to an instructor so they pay them 10 years of fees. i did bjj for two years and within that time learned alot of the purple, brown and black belt curriculum also and it started to become blatantly obvious that bjj was running out of techniques, so what was i supposed to do for the next 8 years? I was told I had to practice them over and over while i kept paying the instructor?! what a crock of bull! I quit bjj and have spent the last 3 months doing gongkwon yusul and have learned more mma and bjj techniques, atleast to black belt equivalent on bjj, than i did doing mma and bjj here on the gold coast. it was only a mater of time before other arts started popping up and giving people value for money other than the machado, john b will, gracie monopolies. wake up people, your getting ripped off. on the matts im yet to tap out to any of the so called bjj experts.

Guys....dont feed the troll LoL

I think I got it. So GKYS is an offshoot of BJJ? Please correct me if I misunderstood. Thanks.

A karate teacher once snickered at how long it took to get a bb in bjj.

I sat there wondering what was so funny.

ok the real question guys...

who would win in a grappling match...Ari or this Gongkwon Yusul master?

There are many other non-bjj martial art bb's that transitioned from bb to bjj white belt. Dave Camarillo is one of them. ( If you actually know him.) David Adiv, Royler Gracie's student was a judo champion prior to becoming whitebelt under Royler gracie.

Again, you fail to know all facts, knowing one but not the another. It does not matter, transitions in MA's happen. Does that mean judo sucks since they had more bb's transition over to bjj to get white belts?

he quit it all together and never again trained in it.

he quit it all together and never again trained in it.

If your talking about Dave Camarillo.. I don't think it's possible for him to quit Judo. It's bread into him. :) Its in everything he does.

Back