• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ever heard of Gongkwon Yusul? Korean JiuJitsu -videos-

Overall, people in this site are so fucking ignorant of this martial art. The descriptions of it are all made up and bs. I suggest all yous to do some background researches before criticizing martial arts.

In other sites, people say websites like bullshido or (I think sherdog) that judges MA's and instructors are ironic since these site themselves are made of BS's and assumptions.

Overall, people in this site are so fucking ignorant of this martial art. The descriptions of it are all made up and bs. I suggest all yous to do some background researches before criticizing martial arts.

In other sites, people say websites like bullshido or (I think sherdog) that judges MA's and instructors are ironic since these site themselves are made of BS's and assumptions.

Is there any particular reason that you just made a page and a half of short, consecutive posts essentially repeating the same thing over and over again?

And revived a year old thread to do it in?

Yeah. The problem is that no one here seems to know any facts about GKYS and seems to judge it based on no knowledge and eye-view perception.

I just want to clarify that...
1) Gongkwon Yusul is not a copy, or an offshoot of bjj or any other styles like sambo.
2) Gongkwon Yusul is not a fraud or scam by bjj guy to make money. Founding master never took bjj and bjj came to korea in 1999, 3 years after gkys was created and founded.
3) GKYS is not an offshoot of hapkido or some supplimentary syllabus for tkd or hapkido people
4) GKYS IS proven to be effective. The GKYS master in brazil has his students compete with much success (win/lose record wise).
5) GKYS did not copy any martial art's name.
6) GKYS looks like TMA and has aspects of both modern and traditional MAs.
7) ITs founding has nothing to do with BJJ or mma since neither of them existed in Korea in 1996.
Gongkwon Yusul is created in 1996 by Kang Jun who was already a martial art master in hapkido and (though not impressive) judo champion during highschool, and has other MA backgrounds in korean and japanese TMA. He took practical aspects of MA's he practiced and combined it into a street-effective style with syllabus open for further development (like jeet kune do has). GKYS stands today as a legit MA. The reason people criticize it and talk shit about it is mainly because it is not practiced in US and people just dont know much about it.

Source: gongkwon.com

Yeah. The problem is that no one here seems to know any facts about GKYS and seems to judge it based on no knowledge and eye-view perception.

Ever since you joined the forum I've come to the conclusion that Gongkwon Yusul is the most annoying and repetitive art in existence.

1) Gongkwon Yusul is not a copy, or an offshoot of bjj or any other styles like sambo.
2) Gongkwon Yusul is not a fraud or scam by bjj guy to make money. Founding master never took bjj and bjj came to korea in 1999, 3 years after gkys was created and founded.
3) GKYS is not an offshoot of hapkido or some supplimentary syllabus for tkd or hapkido people
4) GKYS IS proven to be effective. The GKYS master in brazil has his students compete with much success (win/lose record wise).
7) ITs founding has nothing to do with BJJ or mma since neither of them existed in Korea in 1996.
Gongkwon Yusul is created in 1996 by Kang Jun who was already a martial art master in hapkido and (though not impressive) judo champion during highschool, and has other MA backgrounds in korean and japanese TMA. He took practical aspects of MA's he practiced and combined it into a street-effective style with syllabus open for further development (like jeet kune do has). GKYS stands today as a legit MA. The reason people criticize it and talk shit about it is mainly because it is not practiced in US and people just dont know much about it.

Dude you obiously hate BJJ...we know that already....why don't you go start another forum about this crap and get off this one

I dont know how many of you actually trained in GKYS but I have, its kind of over hyped but its better than alot of the TMA's in South Korea. My instructor had the grappling fundamentals and would probably be on par with a baby blue. GKYS lost alot of respect in the Korean grappling community mainly the Judo and Sambo guys because they expanded so quickly, that is what killed the respect for most the guys. I hope the increase quality control but he wants it to expand so far so quickly its only going to hurt it more.

See, this should have been youre only post in this thread. It's short, well organized, informative, and not too accusatory. It's a good post.

Just organize all you're thoughts into one post like this one next time, instead of feeding us you're stream of consciosness for a page and a half, it's annoying.

Gonkwok Yusul is my favorite meal in Korean restaurants.

BTW I rate this troll job a mere 3/10.

First of all there are so many bs's in this site that I didnt even know where to start. But what is right is right. I am just correcting all of you who do not know anything about the martial art talked about in this page. Whether annoyed or not, all I did was stuff some facts down your throat so you can clearly see the reality.

I never hated BJJ. I respect bjj. But the reason why I am here is because people like you misjudge GKYS. Saying shit like it is bjj scam or bjj offshoot, etc. You obviously do not even know the founding history of this art or its founding master and his purpose behind it. Im here in your face to tell you that you dont know shit and is typing random "facts" that are not true. Just because I defend GKYS from trolls dont mean I am anti-bjj. I own several books on bjj and even sparred with bjj people in past. Im here to tell you the facts.

First of all there are so many bs's in this site that I didnt even know where to start. But what is right is right. I am just correcting all of you who do not know anything about the martial art talked about in this page. Whether annoyed or not, all I did was stuff some facts down your throat so you can clearly see the reality.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

When judo emerged as martial art, Jigoro Kano himself spread the art in many countries by either teaching it himself or by sending representatives like Mitsuyo Maeda. There is nothing wrong with it. Not the mention bjj spread relatively quickly after ufc 1. Today Gracie University program uses internet to further promote their art via internet. There is no ill purpose in that. Just using technology to promote own art.

Trolls like you do not belong in this site. Have no knowledge what so ever about martial art that is discussed. GKYS is not a food dumbass, and your sarcasm dont even make sense.

I personally dont care how yous feel about my presence here, but all I am trying to do is correcting your bullshitting statements to teach you some facts and moreover so that it will save yous from embarassment when you go out of sherdog into other forums where people actually know at least what art they are talking about.

gkys is what you get when you take bad judo,bad karate, bad grappling

My cousin got GKYS from a shady massage parlor. A course of antibiotics cleared it right up.

Gongkwon Yusul is tested in brazil mma. Michel Salgado, GKYS master who promotes this art in brazil sends his students to mma and thus getting good records. Again you are wrong. Gongkwon Yusul is not offshoot of karate or judo.

Again, no knowledge. Just assumptions like a dumbass troll would.

hey if you want to pay money to them good. But their first "black belt champion" quit GKYS to put on a bjj white belt

cry more dumbass

friendly advice to help the rest of us with your posts...

the is a little button at the bottom of peoples post that say "quote". if you hit that button a box will appear with the pertinent text in it and you can respond directly to what someone has said, as opposed to posting pages of posts that make no sense because we don't know what you are responding too.

right now your posts seem like the ramblings of some gongkwon kool-aid drinker and are really annoying.

thanks in advance,

yoder

Back