ever get a phone scam like this?

My wife plays me a message on her phone. it says she is so and so and needs to set up a time to deliver a summons to me (why did they call her, not me?). they provide a case number and tell me to call back if i have any further questions.

1. i google the number and nothing comes up (legitimate business numbers should).

2. we called back the number on a different phone and it just says to leave a number and your case number. no "law offices of this person" or anything like that.

3. who calls to schedule a time to deliver a summons?

I believe i had something like this a few years ago and it almost worried us. so just wondering if any of you have had anything similar, or any other phone scams you went through

Don't call them back and leave your information on their voicemail. It's a recent scam.

Not really the same thing but by when my credit was shit, collection agents would call my wife and tell her they were going to get the police involved unless we paid in full, on the spot.

You should've filed a lawshuit against the debt collectors

not a chance. if i were in some sort of trouble, no way would i make it that easy for them

I knew it was bullshit when they wanted to schedule a date and time for summons. Normally they just show up at your house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back