• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Ever done an ancestry DNA test?

So My Heritage DNA matched me with an aunt listed in my family tree even though she's not a blood relative. It lists me as 80% celtic 15% norse and 5% middle east. Seems accurate but I given the above result feel maybe I shouldn't have given my ethnicity.

My true Ancestry team matched me with a lot of of Celtic nobles (it does that) and some English nobility, but didn't actually match me with the only Celtic royal house we know we're related to. It also didn't match me with anyone of the same name even though there are only 40 people on earth with my surname and they are mostly based in the same location in the UK. I'm not sure I can trust the results as being nothing more than using the info I gave it because I purposely omitted some stuff to see.

If you have your DNA file already you can upload it on My True Ancestry Team for free and you get your results within 10 mins. It compares your DNA to archeological findings. Both finding on my end totally missed Yorkshire and Dublin where most of them are based. The ones below shows ties to royalty.

I thought the middle eastern link was interesting because there is a theory that Irish culture originally came from the middle east. Irish is the only language with the same structure as Arabic and Jewish, and there are strong cultural similarities to middle east traditions such as Ba'al worship. The route displayed on My Heritage map indicates a middle-east>Nordic>Scotland pattern which matches the theory that the Scottish Picts were original mid easterns who traveled via northern European route to Britain.

View attachment 975658

Gaelic is similar to the Iberian Celtic language compared to any other mainland Celtic language (they are also the most similar on some levels genetically speaking to people in northern Spain and Portugal), so there's more likely any similarities due to Moor invasions of Spain and Spain still having more Celtic language influences in their language then and then the Moors possibly taking back some of that with them, but I doubt that's the case. There's not really any known real historical or genetic basis for those old stories of the Picts coming from the middle east or the Irish-Arabic connection, a lot of that is a couple of theories/tales from well after the early history periods that just got became carried down; usually early Catholics wanting to establish a historical connection tot he holy lands. It's fun to think about but from all I've ever read it's just not likely at all. The closest thing would be the northwestern African Berbers (mainly Morocco area) had higher concentrations of the Rhesus Negative blood group and higher concentrations of green and blue eyes and red hair compared to most, but that has since dwindled a bit with more Arabic genes being introduced (though still higher than other north Africans).
I could be wrong, but this is what I've gathered.

Gaelic is similar to the Iberian Celtic language compared to any other mainland Celtic language (they are also the most similar on some levels genetically speaking to people in northern Spain and Portugal), so there's more likely any similarities due to Moor invasions of Spain and Spain still having more Celtic language influences in their language then and then the Moors possibly taking back some of that with them, but I doubt that's the case. There's not really any known real historical or genetic basis for those old stories of the Picts coming from the middle east or the Irish-Arabic connection, a lot of that is a couple of theories/tales from well after the early history periods that just got became carried down; usually early Catholics wanting to establish a historical connection tot he holy lands. It's fun to think about but from all I've ever read it's just not likely at all. The closest thing would be the northwestern African Berbers (mainly Morocco area) had higher concentrations of the Rhesus Negative blood group and higher concentrations of green and blue eyes and red hair compared to most, but that has since dwindled a bit with more Arabic genes being introduced (though still higher than other north Africans).
I could be wrong, but this is what I've gathered.
Yeah the other one is ancient aliens stuff. There was an attempt by some Jewish people to excavate an Irish monument because they thought the Ark of the Covenant might be under it.

So My Heritage DNA matched me with an aunt listed in my family tree even though she's not a blood relative. It lists me as 80% celtic 15% norse and 5% middle east. Seems accurate but I given the above result feel maybe I shouldn't have given my ethnicity.

My true Ancestry team matched me with a lot of of Celtic nobles (it does that) and some English nobility, but didn't actually match me with the only Celtic royal house we know we're related to. It also didn't match me with anyone of the same name even though there are only 40 people on earth with my surname and they are mostly based in the same location in the UK. I'm not sure I can trust the results as being nothing more than using the info I gave it because I purposely omitted some stuff to see.

If you have your DNA file already you can upload it on My True Ancestry Team for free and you get your results within 10 mins. It compares your DNA to archeological findings. Both finding on my end totally missed Yorkshire and Dublin where most of them are based. The ones below shows ties to royalty.

I thought the middle eastern link was interesting because there is a theory that Irish culture originally came from the middle east. Irish is the only language with the same structure as Arabic and Jewish, and there are strong cultural similarities to middle east traditions such as Ba'al worship. The route displayed on My Heritage map indicates a middle-east>Nordic>Scotland pattern which matches the theory that the Scottish Picts were original mid easterns who traveled via northern European route to Britain.

View attachment 975658

Yes, the dark hair and eyes in Ireland came up the Spanish coast after coming along the Mediterranean. Similar to the Moors.

Yes, the dark hair and eyes in Ireland came up the Spanish coast after coming along the Mediterranean. Similar to the Moors.
I've heard the Spanish theory is also debated e.g that it came from the Spanish Armada washing up in Ireland. Wouldn't it make sense to match the ancestry from Spain and not the ME though?

Gaelic is similar to the Iberian Celtic language compared to any other mainland Celtic language (they are also the most similar on some levels genetically speaking to people in northern Spain and Portugal), so there's more likely any similarities due to Moor invasions of Spain and Spain still having more Celtic language influences in their language then and then the Moors possibly taking back some of that with them, but I doubt that's the case.
It is not the case:
It is 100% true that the population of the northwest of Spain and Ireland are closely related and, in fact, the former are the ancestors of the latter
However, the old Celtic language used by the population in the northwest of Spain remained lost forever after the Cantabrian wars. The Astures and Cantabri were the most prominent celtic groups here and after they were defeated by emperor Augustus they barely even survived, most adult males committed mass suicide before surrendering and those who couldn't cause they were made prisoners by the romans later refused to yield and were crucified. Latin was imposed and later on they also developed their own dialects. You can still find traces of the old language specially in toponymics here and in our culture and folklore tho.
So, It is certain that the old Celtic language could not be passed onto the moors. Also keep in mind that the people from these regions were the only remnant in Spain who were never fully occupied by the ummayads and the ones who went on to join fleeing visigoths (who were former enemies) and created the Kingdom of Asturias thus starting the Reconquista. Moors loathed the barbaric people who lived here and hated the mountains and harsh weather and Astures basically just wanted to be left alone. You won't find many traces of moor influence up here unlike further south in the country.

Last edited:
this is what I found

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europ...quencing and,Black Sea, scientists have found.

"The Irish are descended from early Middle East farmers and from bronze metalworkers on the steppes around the Black Sea, scientists have found.
Genome sequencing and DNA analysis of the remains of people living 5,000 years ago in what is now Ireland uncovered the origins of its population.

The effects of migration on discoveries in archaeology divides experts. Some argue the great switch in the British Isles from hunter-gatherers to farming and from the stone to metal ages was due to local adoption of new ways.

Others claim the influences were derived from the arrival of migrants. By sequencing the first genomes from Irish people of different eras, scientists found unequivocal evidence of mass migration into Ireland.

"

This is what the Celtic population of Spain shared with the moors, lol:
cuadro-covadonga-ferrer-dalmau-kGuF-RsNXRYw6OKqN84EKvyobmRJ-1200x840@El%20Comercio.jpg

Screenshot (327).png

I mean it takes some basic pattern recognition to spot the migrator route

Saw that the kits are on sale for 39 euros and decided to give up my DNA to the FBI and find out if my dad is the mailman. I'm supposed to be german from that side, let's see what's up.

ancestry.png

Last edited:
My daughter did it. We are mostly Irish and some English , with Irish influenced by Viking DNA so Scandanavian. They even showed the path the vikings took to Ireland. and the area. My whole family on both sides have blue eyes. But only me and my son tan well. My Dad did as well but he is dead now so tanning would be tough. My Dogs ancestry was more interesting.

My wife and I just did the Myheritage test. She's Russian and I'm Spanish. I'll report back when we have the results.

I'm considering buying one to my father just to check is our results are consistent. That way we can check if this company is trustworthy or not.

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

I've always wanted to try this but now that I took the time to check it out I learned the site ancestry.com doesn't ship their DNA kits to Europe. It seems to be the best one but I'm wondering if there are any EU alternatives?

They claim to match DNA across many different cultures and people. Is it for real or is it a kind of pseudoscience?
i wouldn't trust it to be accurate, maybe it's 50 percent accurate and what good is that? that would get you flunked out of school.

Yes, im mostly north western european, and to a smaller extent swedish and jewish

I took one with my gma (ancestry) she wanted to do one. I knew I was really mixed, kinda cool to see though. I'm 40% Portuguese/Spanish 20% native New Mexican 10% Basque whatever the fuck that is lol some Irish, English, German. And a sliver of Israeli and African lol. It was actually cool seeing my family tree they generate. They have pictures and documents. I was able to trace back one of my ancestors way pre independent America. There were 7 straight generations where the was only one single child and they were all boys, craziness.

10% Basque whatever the fuck that is lol
Basque means originary of the Basque country region, in Northern Spain. They are considered a dna singularity, that's why they are mentioned appart from the iberian dna. Your ancestors were probably from Northern Spain, all results below 10% are negligible.

Yes and found out I'm pretty much Norwegian with English and European ancestry.

Even talked to a half sister from biological father
I'm adopted and never met him or my biological mother whom both live in the same state.

Back