Ever been an MMA fighter that could instill fear in opponents the way Mike Tyson did in his prime

I caught this video of Mike talking about his pre-fight hype up; I thought it was a very good look into Mike's pre-fight psyche out.

People were scared of Anderson, Fedor, Overeem, Liddell, etc at different times but the same way Tyson scared people? Hell naw. I don't think it'll ever happen either, dude was finishing HW title PPV's in minutes. In boxing. Think of if he had the small mma gloves.

Well put, though I’d add Pride Wanderlei Silva. But still, none of them instilled near the “fear” that Tyson did. These were men that fought for a living, and you could honestly see it in their face that they were scared to be in there. The other names being thrown around here are just silly. Fighters might be worried about so-and-so opponent, but not scared. Tyson was a scary mother fucker, there’s just no other way to put it.

The crazy horse..
8Lev6Mi.gif

Igor vovchanchyn, fedor, wandy, chuck Liddell all at at time had that to a degree

No one in MMA has been like Mike. Overeem has had his moments, Rumble is quite intimidating, Palhares instills fear but no one is like Tyson.

the only correct answer.

11tvm9v.jpg

Chuck: I'll fight anyone.

Reporter: What about Fedor?

Chuck: Uhh yeah... If I have to.

"Nobody wants to fight Fedor" - Wanderlei Silva

Back