Ever been an MMA fighter that could instill fear in opponents the way Mike Tyson did in his prime

RNC&Poke

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've watched all of Mike Tysons fights and early is his professional career it seemed like he had the ability to instill fear in his opponents unlike no other. Sometimes his opponents looked scared before he ever hit them and most of them were definitely scared after he hit them once or twice. I don't think any MMA fighter has ever had such an effect on opponents with exception of Fedor. When he hit Tim Silvia a few times he definitely looked like he feared to get hit many more times and it almost seemed like he put himself in a position to get submitted just to stop the beating. Wondering what other Sherdoggers think and would like to hear other examples of other fighters that have been able to do similar things.

Last edited:
I think Ronda is as close as we've had in the last few years.

People were scared of Anderson, Fedor, Overeem, Liddell, etc at different times but the same way Tyson scared people? Hell naw. I don't think it'll ever happen either, dude was finishing HW title PPV's in minutes. In boxing. Think of if he had the small mma gloves.

Uriah Hall was extremely intimidating to Bubba McDaniel on TUF17. After Hall scored a horrific ko with a spinning kick to the face, his next scheduled opponent was Bubba, who really tried hard to get out of the fight and even looked like he may start crying. It took everything the coaches had to convince him to step in the cage.

Rumble made Bader shoot from 10 feet away straight into the fetal position. The more people Rumble puts to sleep the fear will continue to grow.

tumblr_maxvhz6fHj1rr8wbto1_500.gif

Palhares has opponents scared of him; it's not quite the same but they enter that fight a lot more uneasy than normal.

People were scared of Anderson, Fedor, Overeem, Liddell, etc at different times but the same way Tyson scared people? Hell naw. I don't think it'll ever happen either, dude was finishing HW title PPV's in minutes. In boxing. Think of if he had the small mma gloves.
Very well put.

I can't recall anyone in mma looking as scared as Spinks.

Reem was becoming scary during his dream, k1 run...when he fought Duffee he was shitting bricks.

She fell hard too, just like Tyson. Give her a few years and maybe a stint in prison and I guarantee she bites Cyborg's ear in a fight.
Incoming facial tattoo.

True dat. Until she faced Holly Holm.
Yep. Not really a Honda fan, but if she changed camps and spent a year training stand-up with a legit coach, that'd be a scary sight. She won't be on Holly's level, but a modest improvement would do wonders for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back