Even the IMF now recognizes the failure of neoliberal policies

So the IMF says that higher tax rates aren’t as bad as they thought and so This Is It™ for the neoliberal model?

The thing is that rich people already pay the bulk of taxes all over the world, except maybe in America, but America its a special kind of retard.

The price of TVs came down recently. I sold appliances around 2003-2006, and all those foreign made TVs were super expensive.

The price on TVs came down because its far cheaper to manufacture and transport flat screens than it was with old CRT screens.

Per wages, things are on average more expensive. Are the clothes at Dicks less expensive than the American made clothes at MC Sporting goods in the 1970's and 80's? Of course not.

If you dont give a shit about branding, yes clothes area least expensive nowadays. You can buy bulk, unmarked clothes of high quality if you dont give a crap about brands.

Electronics would have come down in price no matter where they were made.

Most of the high end components in electronics are made in first world countries, it just doesnt needs a high school dropout blue collar worker to be made. They require highly qualified workers, which is why people are claiming manufacturing has been outsourced to other countries when it hasnt.

The price on TVs came down because its far cheaper to manufacture and transport flat screens than it was with old CRT screens.

If you dont give a shit about branding, yes clothes area least expensive nowadays. You can buy bulk, unmarked clothes of high quality if you dont give a crap about brands.

Most of the high end components in electronics are made in first world countries, it just doesnt needs a high school dropout blue collar worker to be made. They require highly qualified workers, which is why people are claiming manufacturing has been outsourced to other countries when it hasnt.
Gildan are the shirts still (sometimes) made in the USA. That's the cheapest brand at the sporting goods store.

The thing is that rich people already pay the bulk of taxes all over the world, except maybe in America, but America its a special kind of retard.
The rich pay the vast majority of taxes in America.

The rich pay the vast majority of taxes in America.

Everyone needs to pay more taxes in America.

giphy.gif

You’re a welfare queen so you don’t have to worry about it. You’re broke and sitting here complaining billionaires will pay more in taxes.

Omigod @BEER a personal attack based on something someone has posted about their personal lives in the past!

Oh wait, you only care when it's a conservative doing it to a liberal. And more importantly when you are the victim. Nvm.

Last edited:
You can get no-brand for cheaper.
#1. Nobody wears that, so the net gain is like nothing.. And #2. No, and Dunhams sporting goods Gilden tees are theeee least expensive tees they have.

Youre beyond help nothing if what I said nor have said has been supporting of the Super rich. Also what I posted would be against what the super rich are about. GTFO you're a buffoon

You were making the inane suggestion that the IMF's desire to combat extreme wealth inequality was really a stealth plan to advance globalization.

Either that or you're still working on exactly how words should be ordered in sentences to convey meanings. And if that's the case - keep plugging, slugger! You will get there!

People only buy brands. We didn't save money. The "Brands" made their stuff cheaper, so why have they raised prices? Your argument here sucks. So 99% of stuff that people actually buy (outside of some food) got more expensive, but it was worth long term damage to our economy because... What? You can buy bulk scratchy tees direct from a Chinese warehouse? What are you saying?

#1. Nobody wears that, so the net gain is like nothing..

And the outsourcing is also nothing, you cant outsource the brand, what you pay for is the brand, not the clothing per se.

Also i have yet to find anything about they making exclusive American gear.

And the outsourcing is also nothing, you cant outsource the brand, what you pay for is the brand, not the clothing per se.

I used to buy Gilden Tees because they were mad ein America. This was about 10 years ago. They may have outsourced by now.

Honestly The brands are all made in the same country and I’d bet some of the same factories. So who gives a shit.

Yeah it looks like they make a bunch in Central America now.

The rich are taxed at a significantly higher rate than anyone else in the country. 37% I believe for people earning over 500k.

People only buy brands. We didn't save money. The "Brands" made their stuff cheaper, so why have they raised prices?

Logistics? commercialization? marketing? wouldnt know without looking at the balance sheet of the companies

Your argument here sucks.

Sure, i suck because according to you people would be better off if they had menial sweatshop jobs.

So 99% of stuff that people actually buy (outside of some food) got more expensive,

Again, demonstrably false.

RP8lY-1500317222-9027-list_items-microwave_2.jpg

That's a microwave ad of 1985.

1985's dollars are worth 2.39x more than 2020's dollars.

That means a microwave (with many times less features) back then would be $1035 USD, i can get one from Amazon for $60 bucks.

I can get 17 microwaves today with what a microwave costed back in the 80s, and i would still have spare change.

but it was worth long term damage to our economy because...

Which long term damage?

What? You can buy bulk scratchy tees direct from a Chinese warehouse? What are you saying?

This doesnt makes sense.

Honestly The brands are all made in the same country and I’d bet some of the same factories. So who gives a shit.

Yeah, no shit.

Thats why you see a lot of upcoming clothing brand with the same or superior quality as big brands that simply source from the same companies as big brands.

Or simply big brands have more quality control.

The rich are taxed at a significantly higher rate than anyone else in the country. 37% I believe for people earning over 500k.

Yeah, someone already mentioned that before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back