Even the IMF now recognizes the failure of neoliberal policies

This is as if the Pope came out with ''you know, maybe that Jesus thing we have been pushing for centuries is a bit iffy''.

At the rate this pope is going that isn't too much of a stretch.

Clarification I could be wrong but I never thought of IMF as full on derpatarian. Are they/were they advocating flat taxes and tax cuts for the top as a universal policy or was it more in combination of policies aimed at addressing highly regulated / closed off underdeveloped economies?

Their fake models of eternal growth would eventually sink the currency they hold so dearly, and will screw everybody in the first world. It's time to accept a balance/level off of economies in the first world, and to stop pretending all people from anywhere can create the system these goons like to rip off so efficiently. Europe needs to remain Europe. Looking at the long term threat to big wealth's wealth, a revolt of European's where they take control of their currencies, or a destruction of Europe through unchecked migration and a subsequent Chinese takeover are pretty serious long term threats. Careful how far you sink that European/American middle class, because your desire to destabilize and control could come back to haunt your families in the not-to-distant future.

Last edited:
Farmers getting subsidies: "It's not welfare if you're working hard!"

Retail workers getting SNAP: "If you had a real job you wouldn't be on welfare!"

Everything they say is insane. Trust me I get it.

I also don’t even mind a government subsidy for people but don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Globalization is great for people who earn $1 a day. It's awful for the developed world.

Right, its awful to be able to buy cheap things at decent prices from all over the world, it would be so much better with virtual monopolies run by crony corporations.

Right, its awful to be able to buy cheap things at decent prices from all over the world, it would be so much better with virtual monopolies run by crony corporations.
If $1 an hour is the "winning formula" in comparative advantage, then the quality of life will drop DRASTICALLY further than the benefit you get from slightly cheaper products... Which really are sold to you at the same fkn price as they were when everything was made in the first world, of course. Oh who are we kidding, things are more expensive now. But maybe YOU are Walmart.

Yeah, bro, extreme wealth inequality and the billionaire class are the only things protecting us from globalization.
Youre beyond help nothing if what I said nor have said has been supporting of the Super rich. Also what I posted would be against what the super rich are about. GTFO you're a buffoon

It's not an either or. You can have slightly higher prices and higher wages. Yes TVs and the such would be proportionally more expensive, but other things like housing would be more affordable. Much more so, as would companies ability to grant benefits outside of wages

Oh who are we kidding, things are more expensive now.

What things?
I'm not a supporter of the neoliberal reforms of the '90s (notably due to the corrupt and incompetent implementation of privatisation, regressive taxation such as the introduction of the GST, trade liberalisation with no effort to compensate for the human impact, loss of industry or environmental impact in developing nations, and the overall impact of massive increases in capital mobility without labour mobility to match in losing the hard won benefits of organised labour), but without a doubt globalised production has reduced the prices on electronics, vehicles, clothing and food.
On the other hand privatisation has not lead to cheaper electricity costs, improved healthcare, improved internet or otherwise better utility services here. Just the opposite.

What things?
I'm not a supporter of the neoliberal reforms of the '90s (notably due to the corrupt and incompetent implementation of privatisation, regressive taxation such as the introduction of the GST, trade liberalisation with no effort to compensate for the human impact, loss of industry or environmental impact in developing nations, and the overall impact of massive increases in capital mobility without labour mobility to match in losing the hard won benefits of organised labour), but without a doubt globalised production has reduced the prices on electronics, vehicles, clothing and food.
On the other hand privatisation has not lead to cheaper electricity costs, improved healthcare, improved internet or otherwise better utility services here. Just the opposite.
The price of TVs came down recently. I sold appliances around 2003-2006, and all those foreign made TVs were super expensive. Per wages, things are on average more expensive. Are the clothes at Dicks less expensive than the American made clothes at MC Sporting goods in the 1970's and 80's? Of course not. They are more. Same with shoes. Electronics would have come down in price no matter where they were made.

You know what store literally has the most products made in America? Dollar Tree. America and Canada.. Most of it.

When you leave the US thanks to social media people in the rest of the world view our billionaires as greedy mofos. Then don't understand why people pay so much for healthcare and have to pay for college. They believe that capitalism in its purest form is just as bad as communism. They believe that Americans constantly vote against their own self interest. That little if anything trickles down to the workers.

Our technology billionaires are being targeted it seems an people like Bezos and Zuckerberg are top on their list.

The price of TVs came down recently. I sold appliances around 2003-2006, and all those foreign made TVs were super expensive. Per wages, things are on average more expensive. Are the clothes at Dicks less expensive than the American made clothes at MC Sporting goods in the 1970's and 80's? Of course not. They are more. Same with shoes. Electronics would have come down in price no matter where they were made.

You know what store literally has the most products made in America? Dollar Tree. America and Canada.. Most of it.

Must be a localised phenomenon, because that's certainly not the case here, and none of the calculations I can find support your assertion.
We (Oz) lost our local vehicle manufacturing industry, but car prices have come down considerably since. Prices on solar panels plummeted when production was ramped up in China. Clothing is cheaper across the board (although clothing prices were always high here compared to the US). Milk prices have plummeted. Semiconductor prices have repeatedly plummeted (a trend started back when Japan took over as the largest source of cheap RAM in the '80s).
Of course it's all still subject to supply and demand, but the sheer economy of scale has meant even somewhere like Australia where shipping costs are massive and the population size is proportionally tiny, still gets cheaper products from globalised production.

Must be a localised phenomenon, because that's certainly not the case here, and none of the calculations I can find support your assertion.
We (Oz) lost our local vehicle manufacturing industry, but car prices have come down considerably since. Prices on solar panels plummeted when production was ramped up in China. Clothing is cheaper across the board (although clothing prices were always high here compared to the US). Milk prices have plummeted. Semiconductor prices have repeatedly plummeted (a trend started back when Japan took over as the largest source in the '80s).
Of course it's all still subject to supply and demand, but the sheer economy of scale has meant even somewhere like Australia where shipping costs are massive and the population size is proportionally tiny, still gets cheaper products from globalised production.
I haven't slept all night so I'll respond later lol. I need sleep!!

IMF? The Impossible Mission Force is real?

latest
lol I was thinking the same thing

Yes we live in one of the times with most regulation of the markets ever, privates sectors being helped by the government when the shouldnt and thats all fault of "neoliberalism" do you even know what the liberal economists adivocate for? Because if you did you wouldnt say such bullshit ts

This scam is so old and tired.

Massive inequality because the super elite avoid all accountability and their responsibilities as they engineer society to redistribute all wealth upwards to them.

Then they demand more taxes on themselves and anyone else who did well in order to battle inequality.

But of course they avoid accountability responsibility themselves because that's what they do, and redistribute the wealth upwards to themselves.

Then repeat

So the IMF says that higher tax rates aren’t as bad as they thought and so This Is It™ for the neoliberal model?

Clarification I could be wrong but I never thought of IMF as full on derpatarian. Are they/were they advocating flat taxes and tax cuts for the top as a universal policy or was it more in combination of policies aimed at addressing highly regulated / closed off underdeveloped economies?
It is the second.

They give out loans to countries with shit economies with the only strings attached being that they remove dumb regulations, cut taxes, and become more transparent

A lot of the worst economies that need those loans have high tax rates.

But suddenly this means that it’s all over for the IMF.

It is the second.

They give out loans to countries with shit economies with the only strings attached being that they remove dumb regulations, cut taxes, and become more transparent

A lot of the worst economies that need those loans have high tax rates.

But suddenly this means that it’s all over for the IMF.

Yeah without giving the IMF a pass on some of the top down crap they have imposed, that’s my take on this as well. They have been advocating market system and related reforms. I don’t think anything has really changed here.

If $1 an hour is the "winning formula" in comparative advantage,

Its not.

then the quality of life will drop DRASTICALLY further than the benefit you get from slightly cheaper products...

No, not at all because manufacturing makes a pretty small amount of the workforce and the US at least is at full employment, so in order to "bring back" sweatshop style jobs you would need to take out workers from other (far more productive) endeavors.

Which really are sold to you at the same fkn price as they were when everything was made in the first world, of course.

BS.

Things were far pricier back then than they are now.

Oh who are we kidding, things are more expensive now. But maybe YOU are Walmart.

Keep believing so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back