Social Evangelicals: "Jesus was a Libtard!"

I never said I was against it. I said it wasn't required. This makes at least the third time I've said it.

if its not required then people with wildly wrong positions like @OneOfOne have will abound essential disintegrating the christian message and people like you would not be able to refute them with scholarly sources (that you did use) as they wont know about them having no need to access the material.

you have been pretty self contradictory here man and have vastly exaggerated my position to boot. in addition you seem to be anti intellectual for some reason and wanting to argue with me when its clear i dont even want to and think we mostly agree and have tried to build those bridges with you.

you came in making insults but i think it would be better if you would just discuss in good faith man.

if its not required then people with wildly wrong positions like @OneOfOne have will abound essential disintegrating the christian message and people like you would not be able to refute them with scholarly sources (that you did use) as they wont know about them having no need to access the material.

And what positions are those?

you have been pretty self contradictory here man and have vastly exaggerated my position to boot. in addition you seem to be anti intellectual for some reason and wanting to argue with me when its clear i dont even want to and think we mostly agree and have tried to build those bridges with you.

you came in making insults but i think it would be better if you would just discuss in good faith man.
I have supported everything I have said ITT with scripture and not one other source. I have not contradicted myself once. That's again just your poor reasoning getting in the way.

The second and third paragraphs are just plain ol' ad hominem garbage. LOL @ anti-intellectual--another ridiculous assumption.

83999878.jpg

giphy.gif

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Judaism is what the Pharisees taught, actually. Its a corruption of God's Laws and traditions.
LOL Call it what you want. Is it your position that Abrahamic Law is intended by God to be binding upon gentiles?

Edit: no need to reply since you answered this in your other post.

Last edited:
edit: delete

Later when I have more time.

Oh you're one of those new testament only people. But ok. Does Hebrews work for you?

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

I have supported everything I have said ITT with scripture and not one other source. I have not contradicted myself once. That's again just your poor reasoning getting in the way.

The second and third paragraphs are just plain ol' ad hominem garbage. LOL @ anti-intellectual--another ridiculous assumption.

83999878.jpg

giphy.gif

Have a nice weekend.
you too, god bless.

Oh you're one of those new testament only people. But ok. Does Hebrews work for you?

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
edit: retracted.

I don't think that means what you think it means. We'll have to leave it at that; I just don't care enough about this to rehash it over and over. My post on the New Covenant says everything I want to say on that subject. I'm done.

"With the house of Israel."

What does that have to do with Christians? Seriously. And I'm talking about the New Testament because we're talking about Christians. Please, just stop.

Lol wow. Are Gentiles/Christians not grafted into the House of Israel?

Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

@OneOfOne
if you would/will link me to where you get your theology i would be willing to read up on the underpinnings of it and have a go at it as i said. i have run across just a few people who hold your type of positions online but none of them have ever been willing to share where they get it from.

im genuinely interested.

edit: retracted.

I don't think that means what you think it means. We'll have to leave it at that; I just don't care enough about this to rehash it over and over. My post on the New Covenant says everything I want to say on that subject. I'm done.

Didn't you say this?

Have a look and then get back to me with your evidence to the contrary if you can find any.

i got back to you and you have no rebuttal. Don't act like you just don't care. The truth is that you just don't know and are trying to save face.

Didn't you say this?

i got back to you and you have no rebuttal. Don't act like you just don't care. The truth is that you just don't know and are trying to save face.
You didn't directly address anything I said; rather you made a bunch of other claims from a completely different context.

@OneOfOne
if you would/will link me to where you get your theology i would be willing to read up on the underpinnings of it and have a go at it as i said. i have run across just a few people who hold your type of positions online but none of them have ever been willing to share where they get it from.

im genuinely interested.

There is no place I get this from other than the Bible. You keep saying I hold wildly incorrect positions but won't say what they are. Are you just trying to posture and save face like Andy?

If you interested in my views and what they're based on why don't you just tell me what positions you disagreed with and then discuss them?

You didn't directly address anything I said; rather you made a bunch of other claims from a completely different context.

I gave you the proper context to those scriptures and what they mean.

There is no place I get this from other than the Bible. You keep saying I hold wildly incorrect positions but won't say what they are. Are you just trying to posture and save face like Andy?

If you interested in my views and what they're based on why don't you just tell me what positions you disagreed with and then discuss them?

well i can understand THAT you disagree but i cannot understand why you disagree. no one in the entirety of the christian tradition from jesus to today thinks what you think about the bible..... none of the saints or scholars and not the early church either. if you think you... just you.. on your own steam with no help from anyone educated on the topic is right and all of Christianity is wrong then more power to you man!

but i do find it hard to believe that you really have not been influenced by other thinkers having heard your exact positions touted online before... maybe even on sherdog. its coming from somewhere and i am extremely interested in where. but id like to read the theological underpinnings because it saves time debating each wrongly interpreted scripture line by line.

theologians go through a lot of work taking ALL of the scriptures into context.. many of which seem to contradict one another and they have principles for why they measure things out the way they do and arguments for them and refutations of criticisms against those positions. thats where i would like to start but if its just coming from you then NONE of that work has been done and i can see why.... its a monumental task that takes centuries to fully form and certainly not the work of a single individual.

you just happen to hold an extreme fringe position based on personal interpretation of the scriptures.

@OneOfOne

heck man... if you have written anything like a comprehensive thesis i would even read that.

The books of the New Testament were not considered sacred texts when they were written. Jesus himself never wrote anything down. They were religious texts written by various men decades after his death. They didn't become canonized until over 300 years after his death. Think about how much bias and misinformation would be introduced with various second, third, fifth hand accounts over that long of a period of time. Consider that we can't even trust the news today.

And yet there are people who treat it as the literal word of God when Jesus didn't even know a Bible would be made 300 years after his death. He didn't have much foresight into how important writing shit down would become in the future. Could have saved everyone all these arguments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back