• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EU launches legal cases against Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic for not taking in refugees

So in your view the EU governance is superior to national governance? Because ultimately, that's a question that will need answered.

No, you can always trigger Article 50 and get out of the EU.

But while you are in the EU, you have compromises you need to follow, you cant just pick up which rules you want to follow and which you dont.

But while you are in the EU, you have compromises you need to follow, you cant just pick up which rules you want to follow and which you dont.
Obviously at least four national governments disagree with your assessment. Personally, I think all countries should always have the right to choose who to allow within their borders, especially when the immigrants aren't from the EU. It is an inalienable bit of sovereignty that cannot be ceded to another organization.

You can't just deport them. There is a process and laws. I mean if that would be easy Poland could just deport them after they get them.
Also, I might I am personally favor of just departing them. But that is not a political reality at the moment.

Yeah, I understand that not everything wise is politically possible. But it seems like the pro-EU argument here is that the Poles et al do something known to be foolish in order to honor a process, with little thought given to questioning how well the process works if it i s rigidly enforcing foolish policies.

But ultimately that's what I would like to see. Like a Euro state if you will.

I think a Euro state based on the EU framework would be unlikely to be accountable to the various populations of Europe, especially outside of the Germans and French. I'd expect it to be undemocratic and authoritarian. The constant invocation of "But the rules!" as an answer to "But taking in refugees is stupid!" supports this view imo. Bureaucrats almost always care about their own authority more than the results of their polices being good.

Obviously at least four national governments disagree with your assessment. Personally, I think all countries should always have the right to choose who to allow within their borders, especially when the immigrants aren't from the EU. It is an inalienable bit of sovereignty that cannot be ceded to another organization.
Add Romania to those four. Now what do all those countries have in common? The west is really stuffing their heads in the sand when it comes to the history associated with Islamic visitors and that part of Europe.

So leave like the UK did

Would you be ok with Mexico taking in a million refugees? Whats your thoughts on Mexicos immigration laws?

They all receive money from the EU and export citizens
Lol. You're a tenacious bastage, aren't you? Said with begrudging respect.

EU moneys received is less than a blip on the radar over the thousand plus years of history those people share.

They have the right to refuse them. I thing the will win the cases against them.

no no lets deliberately do something disastrous for our country because we gave our word!<JagsKiddingMe><LikeReally5><DrakeLaugh>

Lol. You're a tenacious bastage, aren't you? Said with begrudging respect.

EU moneys received is less than a blip on the radar over the thousand plus years of history those people share.

So i guess they will pay the fine instead.

Would you be ok with Mexico taking in a million refugees? Whats your thoughts on Mexicos immigration laws?

If we had a EU like arrangement with the USA which allowed our citizens full working rights in the USA along with free travel and tons of aid money and the USA said we need to take 15,000 refugees or pay a 3 billion dollar fine i would expect my country to comply.

Do you think Brussels wants these countries to leave? Or wouldn't dick tuck if it came down to that scenario?

Brussels also knows that appeasement isnt working.

Just look at how eastern europeans got scared whwn Germany talked about a 2 speed eurozone

So i guess they will pay the fine instead.
I see no other option if legal avenues fail them. *If*.

The V4 might bail on the EU eventually, but that time hasn't come yet. The manpower, education and infrastructure is in place, but they have absolutely no viable fiscal or economic plan in place as I doubt they've planned for such an eventuality. At least as far as I know.

Not going to happen. Not unless the V4 can devise a viable economic strategy independent of the EU and Russia. It's a tight spot to be in geographically, financially, and culturally speaking.

What about rebuilding the Austro-Hungarian empire? What happened to the Habsburg why are not they speaking out?

That is what EU does.

Brussels also knows that appeasement isnt working.

Just look at how eastern europeans got scared whwn Germany talked about a 2 speed eurozone
Right now they're both shooting blanks. Brussels would crap their pants if they thought the eastern states would actually leave the EU. I think you vastly underestimate the desperate need they have for the security blanket against the outside that is east and south aEurope. History has proven those countries to be an indispensable asset in allowing the western European countries to prosper.

It's akin to an acrimonious marriage that neither party wants to end due to mutual benefits. Odd situation that needs to be resolved or dissolved.

Back