• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies ETERNALS (Opens $71M in U.S., $161.7M Globally; Lowest Rated MCU Film on RT)

If you have seen ETERNALS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Got no info on this but if they made Guardians work then have at it.

Thanos is a Titanian mutant Eternal I thought, not a Deviant. Deviants never had powers like mutants, they were just malformed.
It says on wiki that he caries the Deviant gene, whatever that means. That's why he looks the way he does.

The Celestials would have merc'd Thanos in Infinity War. Shame they are no where to be found. Heck where was the Eternals during this whole Infinity War?

I'll probably watch it but I'm more interested in DC's New Gods.

Would rather Marvel get to work on Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Never heard of them. However, it's Marvel and not DC therefore yay.

I said the same thing about GoTG when it was first a rumor. Man was I wrong.

lol same here. Hell a lot of the avenger characters I never even really liked. Only Iron Man and Hulk really interested me. The rest were characters I really didn't like.

Update: September 21, 2018

Acclaimed THE RIDER Filmmaker Chloe Zhao to Direct Marvel Studios' ETERNALS Movie

Ss7TCLD.jpg

Chloe Zhao has nabbed the gig to direct Marvel’s next potential franchise, the Jack Kirby-created title The Eternals. Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script Ruin topped the 2017 Black List, penned the script for the superhero team adventure.

The project features the super-powered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants that were created by cosmic beings known as Celestials.

Kirby created the title in 1976 during his cosmic hero stage and was influenced by such works as Chariots of the Gods, which explored ancient gods as aliens.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans.

The project also allows Marvel to assemble a diverse cast of various shapes and sizes.

The director search for Eternals narrowed in the last few weeks of summer, with a shortlist consisting of Watchmen pilot helmer Nicole Kassell, Travis Knight (Bumblebee, Kubo and the Two Strings), as well as Cristina Gallego and Ciro Guerra, the duo behind Colombian movie Birds of Passage.

Chinese-born Zhao was already well known to Marvel as she went down the road with the company on Black Widow, the standalone featuring Scarlett Johansson's spy heroine. That gig ultimately went to Cate Shortland.

Eternals is a big opportunity for WME-repped Zhao, who will be going from the settings of Native American reservations and American Heartland from her indie festival darlings The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me to the epic global, if not intergalactic, scale of this Marvel project.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chloe-zhao-direct-marvel-studios-eternals-1143547

jfc this girl has directed 6 movies --- 4 of them were shorts

Update: September 21, 2018

Acclaimed THE RIDER Filmmaker Chloe Zhao to Direct Marvel Studios' ETERNALS Movie

Ss7TCLD.jpg

Chloe Zhao has nabbed the gig to direct Marvel’s next potential franchise, the Jack Kirby-created title The Eternals. Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script Ruin topped the 2017 Black List, penned the script for the superhero team adventure.

The project features the super-powered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants that were created by cosmic beings known as Celestials.

Kirby created the title in 1976 during his cosmic hero stage and was influenced by such works as Chariots of the Gods, which explored ancient gods as aliens.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans.

The project also allows Marvel to assemble a diverse cast of various shapes and sizes.

The director search for Eternals narrowed in the last few weeks of summer, with a shortlist consisting of Watchmen pilot helmer Nicole Kassell, Travis Knight (Bumblebee, Kubo and the Two Strings), as well as Cristina Gallego and Ciro Guerra, the duo behind Colombian movie Birds of Passage.

Chinese-born Zhao was already well known to Marvel as she went down the road with the company on Black Widow, the standalone featuring Scarlett Johansson's spy heroine. That gig ultimately went to Cate Shortland.

Eternals is a big opportunity for WME-repped Zhao, who will be going from the settings of Native American reservations and American Heartland from her indie festival darlings The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me to the epic global, if not intergalactic, scale of this Marvel project.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chloe-zhao-direct-marvel-studios-eternals-1143547

Space genre for mcu doesnt always have to be 70s 80s comedy theme.

Willing to bet something about her style will suit the theme kevin feige is shooting for, for the eternals.

This is the one thanos is going to be in so im suprised russos werent also a part of this.

I'll probably watch it but I'm more interested in DC's New Gods.

Would rather Marvel get to work on Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Ya if only dceu can get their shet together, unless you meant a one off, then good luck finding a director whose actually familiar with comics and will execute it well on screen

Its been 5 years and its still a mess. Really unfortunate. I wanted DCEU to do well.

5 years into mcu, core characters have been established plus avengers released, everything after flowed as plan

Ya if only dceu can get their shet together, unless you meant a one off, then good luck finding a director whose actually familiar with comics and will execute it well on screen

Its been 5 years and its still a mess. Really unfortunate. I wanted DCEU to do well.

5 years into mcu, core characters have been established plus avengers released, everything after flowed as plan

Clarification:

I prefer the New Gods characters more.

Update: March 27, 2019

Angelina Jolie in Talks to Make Marvel Debut with THE ETERNALS

2WDzZxT.jpg

Angelina Jolie is getting ready to make her first foray into the world of superhero movies. The Oscar-winning actress is in talks to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternals, a superhero team adventure feature being directed by Chloe Zhao.

Jolie has chosen the Marvel project based on the Jack Kirby-created title about superpowered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous offshoot known as the Deviants that were created by the cosmic beings called Celestials.

While details about the movie are being kept under wraps, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans. It is unclear who Jolie will play. Marvel had no comment.

Zhao, an award-winning indie director behind the critical hits The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me, will helm from a script by Matthew and Ryan Firpo.

While this will be Jolie’s first superhero movie, it is not her first comic book movie— she starred in the 2007 adaptation of Mark Millar’s Wanted.

Jolie is currently working with Marvel's parent company Disney on the upcoming Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which was recently moved up to a release date this fall from spring 2020, and on the animation/live-action hybrid The One and Only Ivan, which she is also producing. The actress' upcoming projects also include Come Away, a fantasy drama from Brenda Chapman.

Angelina Jolie in Talks to Make Marvel Debut With 'The Eternals' (Exclusive)

Prime Angelina Jolie as Sersi would have been perfect.

eHvn1xJ.jpg

Its funny this should be updated right now. @A.A. Riggs posted a Brad Pitt pick in the Star Wars thread and I had a vision of Pitt as Ikaris.
Jolie in this film eases my anxiety about that vision.
Pitt as Ikaris would be sublime.

Why do I have Viggo Mortensen as Ikaris stuck in my head?

Back