Movies ETERNALS (Opens $71M in U.S., $161.7M Globally; Lowest Rated MCU Film on RT)

If you have seen ETERNALS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 24, 2021

[Update] Full Trailer for ETERNALS Finally Reveals the Plot and Shows the Deviants and Celestials

Update: April 13, 2018

Rumor: Marvel Studios is Reportedly Preparing to Announce ETERNALS Movie

71FSN2q.jpg

We've been hearing rumblings about the possibility of an Eternals movie for a while now but Bleeding Cool has run a report claiming to have heard from "ultra-reliable" sources that a big screen adventure featuring the characters is indeed in the works.

Eternals was created by Jack Kirby and with Thor: Ragnarok borrowing heavily from his work in terms of visuals, they'd fit in really well in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

An announcement is said to be imminent and Marvel Studios has been meeting with writers about the property recently so we could now hear something official about the film in a matter of weeks.

Eternals would also be a great way for Kevin Feige and company to outshine Warner Bros.' plans for a New Gods movie and this lot would definitely fit in well after Guardians of the Galaxy kicked open the door to a Marvel Cosmic Universe. This group of characters are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity living on Earth who possess greater powers and longer lifespans than the mainstream human race.

They're not the most well-known group but neither were the Guardians before James Gunn brought them to the big screen so this project definitely has some potential...if it ultimately happens that is!

Rumor: Marvel Studios is Reportedly Preparing to Announce an Eternals Movie

I'm fine with this as long as they make Sersi gorgeous and sexy AF.

Eternals could be a counter move to DC Film's New Gods. It can also show Marvel Television, who screwed up the Inhumans royally, how it is done. Eternals is like Inhumans but with less freaks and deformities.

I'm fine with this as long as they make Sersi gorgeous and sexy AF.

Eternals could be a counter move to DC Film's New Gods. It can also show Marvel Television, who screwed up the Inhumans royally, how it is done. Eternals is like Inhumans but with less freaks and deformities.

That's like the UFC counterprogramming Moosin.

They turned Black Panther into a bigger draw than Justice League, Marvel can do no wrong right now.

Nice. Some good characters to work with. Possible avengers crossover with Gilgamesh and sersi.

Update: April 13, 2018

Rumor: Marvel Studios is Reportedly Preparing to Announce ETERNALS Movie

xbyNik5.jpg

We've been hearing rumblings about the possibility of an Eternals movie for a while now but Bleeding Cool has run a report claiming to have heard from "ultra-reliable" sources that a big screen adventure featuring the characters is indeed in the works.

Eternals was created by Jack Kirby and with Thor: Ragnarok borrowing heavily from his work in terms of visuals, they'd fit in really well in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

An announcement is said to be imminent and Marvel Studios has been meeting with writers about the property recently so we could now hear something official about the film in a matter of weeks.

Eternals would also be a great way for Kevin Feige and company to outshine Warner Bros.' plans for a New Gods movie and this lot would definitely fit in well after Guardians of the Galaxy kicked open the door to a Marvel Cosmic Universe. This group of characters are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity living on Earth who possess greater powers and longer lifespans than the mainstream human race.

They're not the most well-known group but neither were the Guardians before James Gunn brought them to the big screen so this project definitely has some potential...if it ultimately happens that is!

Rumor: Marvel Studios is Reportedly Preparing to Announce an Eternals Movie

I'll probably pass. Don't know anything about characters and frankly, seems like too much effort to go into their entire history. Titans yes, but this goes beyond my desire to learn.

Could be cool, but their power levels are way too high to mix with the rest of the universe.

I'll probably pass. Don't know anything about characters and frankly, seems like too much effort to go into their entire history. Titans yes, but this goes beyond my desire to learn.

I said the same thing about GoTG when it was first a rumor. Man was I wrong.

Fuck thought this was Xternals and got excited for a second.

Could be cool, but their power levels are way too high to mix with the rest of the universe.
Ya I am weary as everything seems to be racing towards a Squirrel Girl reset as powers can only get so high before things get boring. If everything is a universe level threat then nothing is.

btw we have seen this path before as action movies went from Clint Eastwood and his fists and a six shooter to Die Hard movies where one guy could outshoot and kill hundreds or another could surf a tsunami. The escalation on top of the escalation became mostly boring and beyond belief as it became fantastical and then those movies had to reset back to Borne type up close and personal action to recapture interest. And the comic movies picking up the fantasy elements of the escalation because in that medium it was believable.

Marvel has done nothing wrong so I will try to remain at least cautiously optimistic but that is about it for now.

They have Fox now, they should've made an Externals movie. An origin story per se of mutants before they start rebooting the X franchise.

Is this Feige's favorite superhero team?

Neil Gaimen’s Eternals is the only way to go with this. Pumped.

Whats the background story behind these guys?

Tbh i never heard of the GOTG until it came to screen. And look how well they turned out.

Might as well get these guys rolling since F4 and Xmen wont be around not until 2020s

Since Thanos was retconned as being an Eternal (I guess technically he's a Deviant) and Thanos backstory won't be included in Infinity War, maybe they'll go into his backstory in the next Avengers movie, and they could introduce the concept of the Eternals at the same time.

Pretty hilarious that Marvel Studios got Thanos on film first so now if Warner Bros ever gets around to Darkseid he will look like a rip off even though it's the other way around. And now if this Eternals movie gets made and released before New Gods the same thing will happen once again even though Jack Kirby made the New Gods before he made the Eternals.

Back