ESPN's 50 Reasons To Love MMA

Diaz bros are some of the most exciting fighters in MMA, them being on the list is fine. Chael's only way of ever being on a list like this is due to his personality in the fight leading up to Silva, other than that, people never cared about the guy. Although I do find him quite entertaining, I don't think his style will really make people jump out of their seats or anything.

And IMO this list is pretty wack.

Seems totally random. Barefoot is #1... lol

Yeah for Chuck Mindenhall. Espn's MMA coverage needs more of him, less of Josh Gross.

Diaz bros are some of the most exciting fighters in MMA, them being on the list is fine. Chael's only way of ever being on a list like this is due to his personality in the fight leading up to Silva, other than that, people never cared about the guy. Although I do find him quite entertaining, I don't think his style will really make people jump out of their seats or anything.

Chael is proof that styles don't always make fights. I am one of the biggest Chael advocates around. Chael makes fights. His style alone would make him forgettable. I will never fault a man for making money. He does what he does to increase the size of his bank account and that's fine by me. If you begrudge a man for that I've got nothing for you.

I can't believe Josh Gross is employed by anyone let alone ESPN

Chael is proof that styles don't always make fights. I am one of the biggest Chael advocates around. Chael makes fights. His style alone would make him forgettable. I will never fault a man for making money. He does what he does to increase the size of his bank account and that's fine by me. If you begrudge a man for that I've got nothing for you.

Oh no, from my own point of view, I enjoy Chael's fights and I've never been bored in one of them. When I saw his fight against Marquardt I thought he was a beast, what Chael did is very smart and earned a lot of money doing so, but based on his style, not from my own POV, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't care about seeing him fight.

The Diaz brothers are pretty unpredictable, which I guess could be considered fun.

You never know when one of them will be suspended for failing a drug test. You also never know whether Nick is gonna shown up for a fight or not.

Fun.

The worldwide talent aspect is kinda cool. Real reason is just to watch two guys fight.

Lol@

28. Yet, there's lunacy: New yorkers have to travel to new jersey to watch mma. Taken piecemeal, all the disciplines are legal in new york -- boxing, wrestling, muay thai, jiu-jitsu, judo. Put together as a stew, it becomes a culinary mess.

not sure why but this pic is pretty attractive

mma_u_rousey11_300.jpg

it might make me a chauvanist, but I enjoy watching Ronda fight. She's undeniably hot. I like her banter.

Best ESPN MMA article

this was a gem: "Don

And IMO this list is pretty wack.

He wasn't in a position to be cared about yet. After he beat down Marquardt, everyone on Sherdog knew who he was. After he hyped UFC 117, every casual UFC fan knew who he was. He has maintained his popularity, is more popular than either of the Diaz brothers, is known as the p4p best fighter's archnemesis, and got himself in the position to challenge for the LHW title without having actually competed in the division in the UFC. He has stock, thus significance, thus a rightful place on this god-awful pile of shit of a list.

Gripes with the list aside, I'm just amazed ESPN put up something that wasn't extremely anti-MMA.

not sure why but this pic is pretty attractive

mma_u_rousey11_300.jpg

it might make me a chauvanist, but I enjoy watching Ronda fight. She's undeniably hot. I like her banter.

Best ESPN MMA article

this was a gem: "Don

Gripes with the list aside, I'm just amazed ESPN put up something that wasn't extremely anti-MMA.

Generally I don't approve of the kind of bulky shoulders Ronda sports, but in her case they're not just some weightlifting muscles but specifically for throwing and breaking arms. So in this case...they become sexy? I gotta stop spending so much time at the gym...

For the way she throws pro male fighters, its not shocking to see her with shoulders like that. And least it doesn't look like Chyna's.

Back