ESPN Pound For Pound Rankings

because he the best boxer in the world. regardless of resume. i get what your saying though.
Meh, see this is what I was assuming. I think the "eye test" is the least valid way of ranking guys P4P that I can think of.

Meh, see this is what I was assuming. I think the "eye test" is the least valid way of ranking guys P4P that I can think of.
i still think he would whoop spence, or anybody else in the weight class. if they can go around calling loma #1 after half a dozen fights, surely a belt holder like crawford deserves to be on the list.

Crawford was undisputed at 140 fwiw

Crawford was undisputed at 140 fwiw

It's worth a good amount. Name another champion that has gained all four belts recently? Usyk did. Whenever someone cleans out a division it is more valid than cherrypicking soft champs for belts.

It's worth a good amount. Name another champion that has gained all four belts recently? Usyk did. Whenever someone cleans out a division it is more valid than cherrypicking soft champs for belts.
He hasn't fought at 140 for over 2 years.

He hasn't fought at 140 for over 2 years.

I was speaking to unifying a division and how that is better than cherry picking soft champions, I didn't comment on the timeliness of such an achievement when appraising one'a p4p status. Anyway, p4p lists get even more subjective when people start dividing themselves among those that adopt the "what have you done for me lately," vs taking the career in its entirety. I don't care.

I was speaking to unifying a division and how that is better than cherry picking soft champions, I didn't comment on the timeliness of such an achievement when appraising one'a p4p status. Anyway, p4p lists get even more subjective when people start dividing themselves among those that adopt the "what have you done for me lately," vs taking the career in its entirety. I don't care.
His last win was Amir Khan, a guy that "cherry picks champions" got laughed at for fighting Khan.

His last win was Amir Khan, a guy that "cherry picks champions" got laughed at for fighting Khan.
Because Amir and Bud were 140, Canelo dragged him up to MW. That is laughable.

Again, I was commenting on the act of unifying vs cherrypicking soft targets, which is not something unique to Crawford two years ago. I don't care about him. I don't care.

Good list, but I have two main problems:

Mikey Garcia has no business being ranked P4P after his last performance against Spence. Honestly, neither does Golovkin.

Those two should be replaced.

Replace Golovkin with Beterbiev. Replace Garcia with Josh Taylor.

But there’s too many factors that apply, the resume being contemporary is important otherwise the list wouldn’t be updated every x time.

How long has Manny been in the top ten p4p? It seems like it's been decades. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

How long has Manny been in the top ten p4p? It seems like it's been decades. Pretty amazing when you think about it.
Probably began being considered really really good at the point of the Barrera fight

Somewhere between the Berrera fights he probably started appearing I'd guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back