ESPN Front Page trying to explain MMA

I remember Dana at some press conference years ago. I think the topic had to do with mma legalization in NY

some old woman asks Dana

how will the sport change now that the rules allow kicking and punching?

At least they're trying. Fox didnt bother to do it, although no one even visits their site

Super Fight League was awesome. I actually watched the entire season of SFL Challengers(Like bizarro world TUF), and it was fucking hilarious and amazing.

Damn this looks awesome. Subscribed to their youtube channel. Is there drama like on TUF? I love this kind of stuff. :)

Would be easier to just say it's like pro-wrestling but with real fights.

The ignorance that willl be on Display by clowns like Stephen A and Scott Vanpelt will be hilarious. I think thats why UFc wants mostly fighter analysysts on their broadcasts, dont want morons who been following NBa, oe WNBA for that matter preaching to us the techniques of BJJ and karate
Stephen A will be straight comedy. Van Pelt from what I’ve seen will openly admit he doesn’t really know much. Idk I saw Van Pelt go through a soccer highlight and he was like “I’m told that was very good”. Maybe ESPN will do MMA the way they do Hockey they basically always have Barry Melrose there whenever it’s time to talk hockey. So hopefully they will have a former MMA fighter doing the bulk of the broadcasting for ESPN.

No Fox had tat stupid robot mascot from the nfl boxing with the ring girls and JDS apparently in a burning building
giphy.gif

all they had to write was "human cock fighting"

MMA consisting of four moves? What is this? An early NES game?

Obviously for anyone familiar with mma it will seem basic and lacking, but for casual fans which I'm sure its made for its fairly educational and a good first look

LOL, that shit is embarrassing.

It should say, Mixed Martial Arts is a combat sport that includes, but is not limited to, all types of wrestling from Freestyle to Greco-Roman, Sambo, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing, BJJ, Judo, Western Boxing and Karate. Fighters can tailor their strategy to fight their opponent, both standing or on the mat. A winner is decided by knock out, submission, or decision and fights can be from 3 to 5 rounds.
The fact this doesn't have more likes is embarrassing.

I checked it out and seems like a good way to educate non mma fans. Some historic finishes as examples. I like it

It is awesome for new or potential fans. TS is crazy. It isn't meant for people who shit post on a Karate forum.

Stephen A will be straight comedy. Van Pelt from what I’ve seen will openly admit he doesn’t really know much. Idk I saw Van Pelt go through a soccer highlight and he was like “I’m told that was very good”. Maybe ESPN will do MMA the way they do Hockey they basically always have Barry Melrose there whenever it’s time to talk hockey. So hopefully they will have a former MMA fighter doing the bulk of the broadcasting for ESPN.
I hope so. I just can't stand .These other sports commentators thinking that now UFC is on ESPN it all of a sudden makes them an expert in this sort. Most those guys never even watch a whole card all the way through LOL

I hope so. I just can't stand .These other sports commentators thinking that now UFC is on ESPN it all of a sudden makes them an expert in this sort. Most those guys never even watch a whole card all the way through LOL
Yeah. You have to watch the fights and they won’t...Would it be blasphemy to say I’m not too big on Chael Sonnen being ESPN’s MMA guy?

Last edited:
Yeah. You have to watch the fights and they won’t...Would it be blasphemy to say I’m not too big on Chael Sonnen being ESPN’s MMA guy?
He's a cheat, but he gets ratings so that's why they went with him.

He's a cheat, but he gets ratings so that's why they went with him.
I don't care that much that he was a cheat. I just think he will make things all about him in some way. But hey maybe he will do better with time.

Every ESPN morning show has been filled with UFC interview and talk. I was astounded at the amount of real coverage they are giving it. It's already a 1000x better than fox.

ESPN = The Sports Leader in 1998

Reebok and ESPN are latching onto the UFC tsunami for their lives.

Oh and Harley Davidson!

Back