ESPN Feature : Revisiting Conor vs Floyd

Why did everyone call it May Mac anyway? Shouldn't it have been May Mc?

Because Mac in Gaelic means "son", and Conor got sonned by Mayweather.

May Mac = Mayweather and Son. Very appropriate name.

It was pretty entertaining. Conor did better than he was expected to do, and the immediate comments following the fight reflected that.

He won a few rounds, didn't get embarrased. Although revisionist history would have you believe that he in fact did get embarrased. That wasn't what happened, neither was it the reaction to the fight.

You do realize that floyd toyed with him, right? He literally just let Conor punch himself out before being the aggressor and destroying him. When has floyd ever been the aggressor?

He controlled this fight in every aspect , from start to finish.

Yes, prize fighting is first and foremost a business and Floyd and Conor are first and foremost entertainers, according to GSP himself: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...ners-first-people-need-to-understand.3809497/

So when you measure the quality of a fight card, the first two metrics should be business and entertainment, and May Mac delivered both in spades, second best of all time behind May Pac.
You just named two god awful fights though. You don't see anything off about that? Just because all of the Philippines tunes in, or Ireland, doesn't make it the best fight. And when i want GSP's opinion ill ask him about aliens, not about boxing,or what that Canadian blanket thinks about business and "entertainment".

The best part about the fight was that there was no WMMA on the undercard

You just named two god awful fights though. You don't see anything off about that? Just because all of the Philippines tunes in, or Ireland, doesn't make it the best fight. And when i want GSP's opinion ill ask him about aliens, not about boxing,or what that Canadian blanket thinks about business and "entertainment".

GSP's opinion on the fight game is 100x more informed than anyone on Sherdog, his opinions on aliens is irrelevant because he's not some established xenobiology expert. He's a prize fighting expert.

And "god awful" is just an opinion. You can call anything god awful, or fucking amazing. What isn't an opinion is the amount of money and interest the fight generated. Those can be objectively measured and quantified.

Damn i want to see them bang in the octagon
That fight showed that an MMA fighter doesn't even need wrestling, jiu jitsu, elbows, knees or legs to kill a boxer. Those silly pillows on their hands changes the entire dynamic. Don't get me wrong, boxing is incredible for teaching fighters movement, footwork, hand placement, etc etc...

Conor had to build an addition to his McMansion in order to store all the participation trophies he got

Conor did better than any other MMA guy would've done. With that said he still got fucked up when Floyd turned it on.
Any? Or just the lower weight class fighters?

I'd love to see Floyd dance around and try to hurt a prime Mark Hunt.

lol @ "Dana White said it did this many buys"

Dana told me it did 10 billion buys. Right after he offered Fedor 50 million on the hard to find island nation of Russia. Right after WMMA would never happen etc etc etc.

GSP's opinion on the fight game is 100x more informed than anyone on Sherdog, his opinions on aliens is irrelevant because he's not some established xenobiology expert. He's a prize fighting expert.

And "god awful" is just an opinion. You can call anything god awful, or fucking amazing. What isn't an opinion is the amount of money and interest the fight generated. Those can be objectively measured and quantified.
Ok bro, im not gonna get into a spin contest, not everything is about money whether you think so or not. When it comes to boxing history May Mac will go down as a weird blip on the radar when boxing was at its lowest point. GSP was backed by all of Canada as well, why don't you quote someone on business who doesn't have a country of sheep buying everything that person is selling. Ill give it to GSP though he knew when to quit with USADA approaching.

It’s a shame the mods got rid of the Mayweather McGregor sub forum. That was some of the best comedy.

You do realize that floyd toyed with him, right? He literally just let Conor punch himself out before being the aggressor and destroying him. When has floyd ever been the aggressor?

He controlled this fight in every aspect , from start to finish.

You do realize that Floyd didn't toy with him, right? He actually took him seriously. And then, obviously, was the much better boxer.

lol @ "Dana White said it did this many buys"

Dana told me it did 10 billion buys. Right after he offered Fedor 50 million on the hard to find island nation of Russia. Right after WMMA would never happen etc etc etc.

They also got the Conor/Nate 1 number wrong

But you can't put WMMA comments by Dana in with his outright lies.
He changed his mind
saying UFC is worth $7b & MayMac did 6.7m buys are outright lies.
Very different then changing his mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back